Chapter 6

It took Louis a second for his brain to catch up to Harry's words. He started searching for his phone—where the fuck was it?

While on his hands and knees, he finally found his mobile under the fucking coffee table.

Louis glanced at Harry.

He was still staring ahead.

Blankly.

Louis tried to unlock his phone three times, but he couldn't remember his fucking code.

It didn't help that his hands wouldn't stop shaking.

He saw the emergency call option and pressed it, hoping for the bloody best.

He fell back onto the balls of his feet and crouched next to Harry. "Harry?" he whispered.

Harry didn't even seem to hear him.

"Shit," Louis said lowly, because what the actual fuck was happening.

How fucking long did it take to get through to a call taker? This was the emergency line for emergencies! Why the hell was it even ringing? Someone should've been sitting there, ready to take the bloody call.

Finally (all right, it might've only rung twice, but that was two rings too many), a man answered, "Emergency, what service do you require?"

"Am- ambulance."

"Connecting you now."

A lady's voice said, "Ambulance service, is the patient breathing?"

Louis hadn't taken his eyes off Harry. His eyes were still open, and his chest was moving. "Yes. Yes, I think so."

"What's your location?"

"Uh." Why the fuck didn't he know his address? Shit!

No, he had to know his address. He had to.

He knew it! He gave it to her.

"Is that a house?" she asked.

Well, it wasn't a fucking amusement park. "Yes, yes!"

"What are you calling about?"

"I... I don't know." Louis had to get his shit together before they thought it was a prank or something. "My friend. He told me to call. He doesn't look good - he looks really, really bad. I don't know what's wrong. But he isn't responding to me."

"Can you just confirm your closest junction?"

"What? I have no fucking idea." Harry's eyelids closed then. Why the fuck is she asking about cross streets when Harry could be fucking dying? "Oh my god. Harry? Harry!"

"What's happening?"Her tone was maddeningly calm.

"He's like, I think he is fitting like having a seizure. Are you sending help?"

Harry's entire body was convulsing now. "I don't know what to do! What the fuck do I do?"

"What's your name, love?" the lady asked, as if that would help.

"Louis," he rushed out. "Is the ambulance coming? We need help!"

"Louis, you're doing so well."

He really fucking wasn't.

He was just standing there, watching his friend have a fit and doing fuck all about it.

"Louis, you said your friend's name is Harry?"

"Yes! Can you tell me what I need to do?!"

"Where is Harry right now?"