Chapter 15

Harry had been anxious all Saturday morning. He'd spent most of Friday night trying to decide whether or not he should text Louis about their fuck-buddy conversation, but in the end, he decided not to. It was probably a talk to have in person, and Louis had said they'd see each other in the morning. Even though the others were there, they could probably get five minutes to themselves.

When Louis came down already dressed, Harry was confused.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asked him.

Harry was very thankful that he asked because where the fuck was he going?

"I've just got some things to do this morning," Louis said.

Harry bit his lip and stared back at the telly. Harry had clearly fucked up.

"You working tonight?" Liam asked.

"Yes. Which is why I'm going out this morning." He heard Louis reply. "Harry?"

Harry was surprised that Louis even called his name in front of the others. He whipped his head around. "Yeah?"

"You were saying you need groceries. I can drive you there if you want. I'm going that way," Louis said.

Harry had been dangerously close to asking Louis what he was talking about. It must have been apparent because Louis gave him a strained look. "Oh, right. Yes, yeah. If that's okay. I'll go and get dressed." He didn't even wait for a reply, instead sprinted upstairs.

Considering Harry's frustration with Louis' lack of subtleness, this was probably the least subtle Harry had ever been, but he couldn't find it in him to care. He went straight to Louis' room. He wished he'd brought his phone upstairs so he could message Louis to ask what they were doing so he could dress appropriately. He knew Louis was wearing jeans and a jumper, so he decided he'd do the same.

He found his ripped pair of jeans and threw on a T-shirt, a hoodie and a pair of vans. When he got back into the living room, he was met with four sets of curious eyes.

"Harry," Niall said. "I don't think you needed to run. I'm sure Lou would have waited for you."

Harry ignored him and grabbed his phone off the coffee table. He looked at Louis. "Good to go?"

Even Louis was looking at him in disbelief, hopefully not pissed off at Harry's lack of subtly. He just nodded his head and stood up.

There were chorused goodbyes as they left. Harry just half-heartedly threw his hand up as a goodbye.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked as soon as they were outside.

Louis gave a short laugh. "Fuck, I think you've talked this up in your head a bit, love. You're going to be disappointed when I tell you."

"No, I won't be!" Harry said as he followed Louis to his car. "I'm just happy to get out of the house... and be with you."

Louis grinned and kissed him, despite being in full view of all the windows.

They climbed into the car and Louis pulled out of the parking space and said, "I was thinking we could go out for breakfast. Does that sound okay?"

"Yes, perfect!" Harry said.

Louis laughed. "Okay, calm down, H. It's just breakfast. Do you care where we go? I looked up a few places, and they have vegetarian breakfasts. But if you have somewhere you'd prefer to go, we can go there."

"No, let's go wherever you want."

Louis nodded.

The cafe was about twenty minutes away, and Louis spoke the whole time. Harry loved listening to him. It also made him feel like he hadn't fucked up too badly.