chapter 3: airport

june 19
5:04 am

i woke up to my dads voice.

"ellie we are here!" he exclaims as i woke up.

i grabbed my backpack and got out of the car. i was going to grab my suitcase until i saw matt grabbing it for me and placing it onto the floor infront of me. i knew he did this on purpose because he got my suitcase out before his. i was confused why he would do this though, he hates me. right?

i didn't say anything to matt even if i wanted to i didn't have a chance because he was already walking over to mary lou's car. i didn't think much of it and got a text from nathan.

nate dog 💙

nate dog 💙
hey i'm here where are y'all?

me
parking lot b-4. wya?

nate dog 💙
infront of the airport i'll wait for y'all to walk over.

me
alr !! see u soon, carson can't wait to see u

nate dog 💙
me too see ya ✌🏼

everyone got their luggage and we headed to the front of the airport to meet nathan.

when we finally got to the front of the airport we all saw nathan and gave him hugs. especially carson he gave nathan a huge hug.

we all walked into the airport and got all our luggage checked.

after that, we went through security which was stressful as always, chris had to get a pat down for no reason.

it was about 6:00 am, our flight was at 7:30 so we had sometime to walk around the airport, get snacks, and get breakfast.

so nick, chris, nathan, carson, and i decided that we wanted to get breakfast and snacks for the plane while our parents sat at a restaurant.

i saw matt sitting down by himself like he always does. distancing himself from everyone. i should feel bad but i don't because of how much an asshole he has been to me for four years of my life.

then i see carson walking up to matt.

"do you wanna come and get breakfast and snacks with us matt?" carson asks.

"sure, i will" matt says while smiling at carson.

i can't help but be pissed off that matt is now coming with us. every time matt is around the environment just changes and i get in a bad mood. i want to fix this but at the same time i just want him to be a stranger to me.

suddenly i see a starbucks in the distance.

"guys can we please get starbucks!?" i exclaim.

"ellie, you had some this morning." chris replies.

"i know but we could get food." i say.

"okay why not, are y'all down for that?" chris asks the group.

"sure" they all say.

we walk over to starbucks and order food. i got a croissant and a birthday cake pop. we all sit down at a table in starbucks and eat our food.