chapter 14: dinner drama

at around 6:00 pm i started to get ready for dinner.

i took a shower, put on an outfit, put on makeup, did my hair, and i was ready.

this is what i wore.

we left at 6:45 and decided to go out to sushi

once we got to the sushi place i sat in the middle of nick and nathan while chris and matt sat on the other side.

we all had small talk until chris brought me and matt up.

"soo matt and ellie what's going on with you two?" chris asks laughing.

matt and i both look at each other and smile.

"umm nothin." i say.

"yeah can we not just be friends?" matt says with his mattitude.

"whatever i know there is something going on between you two." chris says which makes me and matt go quiet and awkward.

the waiter comes over and asks us if we want to order drinks. as i look up to order my drink my jaw drops when i see who the waiter was.

it was jake. the jake that asked for my number at the airport.

"oh hi jake" i say.

"hi ellie it's nice to see you again." jake says.

"yeah yeah whatever i'll take a root beer." matt says in an annoyed tone.

"jealous much." nathan whispers and chuckles. 

"uhh..  can i have a dr. pepper please?" i ask. 

after we all order our drinks and jake walks away nick goes, "well that was awkward." 

"yeah i know, i didn't know he worked here." i said.

"are you guys like talking? do you want him?" nick asks me.

"no definitely not. he is not my type at all. he asked me to hang out the other day but i said no." i explained.

i don't really want anything to do with jake if i am being honest. 

"hmm i see..." nick says. 

after we all get our drinks we ordered food. i ordered a crunch roll. while matt was ordering he still had an annoyed attitude for no reason. i don't know why he disliked jake so much. he couldn't be jealous... could he?

we get our food and while we eat we just talk about our lives.

"do y'all wanna walk around and get ice cream or something?" i ask them.

they all say yes so we get the check and walk to get ice cream. 

i get bubble gum ice cream and we all sit in the ice cream shop and eat. 

while eating my ice cream and talking with my friends i hear someone call my name.

confused i turn around and am shocked to see who it is. riley. my ex-boyfriend of four years riley. who broke my heart because he found another girl.