chapter 10: day with matt

*ellie's pov*

i woke up and saw that the tv was off and no one was on the couch anymore. except matt. he was right next to me asleep, i was practically laying on him. i realized that we both probably fell asleep while watching the movie.

i wanted to find where everyone else went so i got up from the couch which woke up matt.

"did i fall asleep?" matt asks.

"we both did." i laugh.

"where is everyone?" matt asks while looking around.

"i think they all left to let us sleep" i say.

"you know what we should do ellie?" matt asks.

"what?" i say intrigued.

"we should prank all of them and just leave." he suggests.

"i'm so down." i say.

this is a good opportunity for me and matt to hang out alone since we are just getting close again. we can finally have time to talk and go back to being bestfriends.

"where should we go?" i ask.

"how about we go eat, then we can drive to a different beach rather than the one here?" he suggests.

"okay!! that sounds so fun. lemme just put on a bathing suit real quick and i'll come right down." i say.

"okay me too be right back." matt says.

i run upstairs quickly but quietly, put on a bathing suit, and put clothes over it.

@elliekateharmon added to their story.

i got a notification on my phone.

"@matthewsturniolo liked your story"

this made me happy and nervous. i don't know why but i got nervous to hang out with matt alone.

i ran downstairs and saw matt waiting by the couch.

"you ready?" matt asks while holding out his hand.

"for sure." i say grabbing his hand.

we ran out of the house as quiet as we could and got into the car. we drove off while listening to mac demarco.

"so where do you wanna go eat?" matt asks while driving.

"how bout we get acia bowls?" i suggest.

"yeah let's go." matt says.

we go to the nearest acia bowl place. i get a plain acia bowl with a peach vibe celsius. we sit outside and just talk.

"you turned off your location right so they don't find us?" matt asks.

"yeah i did don't worry." i say.

"did you ever end up texting jake?" matt asks.

"oh shit i forgot." i reply.