chapter 7: snap chat

the flight landed at 12:45 pm in california time but since new york has a three hour difference due to time change it was 3:45 pm.

i text kinley right away since i haven't texted her since we took off.

kins 💓

me:
hi kins i landed and i have so much to tell you

kins 💓
HI BBY !! i'm omw to cheer right now and ik ur at the airport so wanna call when you get to the house?

me:
yes that's perfect. i'll call u then !! love u 🤍🤍

kins 💓
kk love uuu !!

matt and i walked off of the flight together just talking about what we are going to be doing on the trip. as we walked out of the plane we met our parents, nick, chris, nate, and carson. they look at us in shock.

"so they're dating now?" i can hear chris say as nathan laughs.

nick comes up to me and says, "so you and matt are on talking terms now?"

"yeah we made up on the plane. we are friends again but it's still kind of awkward because i'm not fully over what happened." i reply.

"yeah i get it. i'm glad you guys are friends now though!" he reply's.

"me too nick." i smile as we all walk to the baggage claim area.

everyone got their luggage and we made our way to the front of the airport to find our drivers that we hired. we had to spilt up and take two separate cars because of all the luggage and we had a large group so we wouldn't all fit in one car.

my parents, carson, nathan, and i are in one car and mary lou, jimmy, chris, nick, and matt are in the other car.

as we met our drivers we spilt up, put our luggage in the car, and headed to the house we are staying at.

the car ride was going to be around 3 hours. my parents sat in the back with carson and i sat in the way back with nathan.

 my parents sat in the back with carson and i sat in the way back with nathan

@elliekateharmon added to their story.

"sooo.... you and matt?" nathan says.

"we're friends now." i say.

"how did that happen?" nathan asks.

"well he explained everything to me and it all makes sense so i forgave him." i reply.

"what did he say?" nathan asks.

"basically riley threatened him and told him that if he was anywhere near me he would make sure i would never talk to him, nick, or chris ever again. matt also said that he really didn't want to loose me but because he couldn't talk to me he got so distant and upset." i explained.

"oh my land. that is so messed up of riley i'm sorry elles." nathan says while he puts his arms around me to hug me.

i hug him back and say, "it's okay nathan i'm just glad everything is cleared up."

"me too. i'm happy that we can all have fun on this vacation with no more drama." nathan says.

"you know ... he looked really happy talking to you ellie." nathan says.

"really?" i ask him.

"yeah, i haven't seen him smile like that in forever." nathan reply's.

"aw, well that's sweet." i say.

after our conversation we decide to watch ratatouille together.

in the middle of the movie i get a notification on my phone.

"snapchat from matthew sturniolo"

huh? i thought to myself. me and matt never snap. well at least not anymore. the last time we communicated on our phones was probably years ago.

i open the snap he sent.

i send matt a snap back

after opening my snap he sent a chat

matthew sturniolo:Lucky i should of gone in the car with u guys

matthew sturniolo:
Lucky i should of gone in the car with u guys.

me:
yeah u should of

matthew sturniolo:
see u when we get to the house and tell nathan i say hi

me:
see ya and will do !!

"matt says hi" i tell nathan.

"oh so we're snapping matt now are we?" nathan says laughing.

"shut up nathan he snapped me first." i reply.

"interesting..." nathan says.

for the rest of the car ride nathan and i finished ratatouille and listen to music together.