Chapter 6 - Mac & Cheese

The ride to work was awkward. Megan has her arm leaning on the armrest. Because of this Gavin has his arm in his lap to make sure not to touch her. She hates that she made the boundaries already. But it was very much needed. His touch repulses her even though it makes her feel good too. The repulsion wins out.

While walking into the building he walks a bit away from her to make sure they don't bump when walking. Looking at his face it doesn't seem like he's being passive-aggressive he just looks sad. When he holds the door open for her he does it at a distance.

"Megan!" Cory exclaims happily. Megan gives him a small smile. Cory pulls her into a side hug and she goes to him easily. Glancing at Gavin she sees in his eyes he's hurt while observing her and Cory together.

Gavin wants to be the one hugging her. He knows he shouldn't have done what he did. Knowing what he wants to achieve he will just try harder. It's Megan he wants and he will put in the effort to show her he is genuine. She is worth so much more than what he did to her. Mostly she is worth better than him. Which is why he felt the need to do what he did in the first place. This time he won't fuck up he will spend the rest of his life making it up to her.

Noticing their not alone in the room out of the corner of her eye she sees Monica watching all of them. To be a complete bitch Megan curls into Cory's chest and hugs him close.

"I saw that." Cory laughs.

"Yeah well, she deserves it." Megan mumbles. "It's not like the hug doesn't feel good anyway. You're a good hugger." She says lifting her head and catching Cory's eyes. Cory starts to look bashful.

Gavin walks away quickly clocking into the computer and going onto the floor. Gavin notices that his stomach is acting up. It's making gurgling noises and it's churning and knotting. Stabbing pains are beginning to shoot through his abdomen.

"Gavin you alright?" Cory asks him.

"No. I thought you were letting me have a chance with Megan. Now you're just swooping in?" He asks pissed off. His stomach makes a loud audible growl.

"Cuz, just relax. I'm not trying to get with her. But if she wants me it's not like I'm going to say no either." Cory says laying it all out there.

"Fuck you, Cory," He ignores him and starts working.

"There is obviously something weird going on between you and Megan. I've never seen her be quite so aggressive with anyone. What happened?"

Gavin freezes. "I don't want to talk about it." He leaves it at that.

"It must have been something pretty bad," Cory says pushing the issue.

"It's none of your business Cory." Gavin snaps while his stomach ties in knots.

"Well, you wanted to get emotions out of her." Cory laughs. "Looks like you're."

"Fuck you, Cory, what the hell is with you today?" Gavin says irritated.

"I guess I'm just jealous," Cory says sounding depressed.

"She wants nothing to do with me, Cory. I'm not even allowed to touch her. No hug. Nothing. What's there to be jealous about?"

"The fact that I can tell she likes you. Even if she doesn't want to." Cory says in a hushed tone. "You get to live with her. So you're going to be around her all the time."

"Me living with her was your idea. Best idea you ever had though." Gavin smirks. "Plus it doesn't matter she stays in her room and ignores me. It's not like we spend all our time hanging out."

"Yet." He says plainly.

"Whatever Cory."

Megan can't seem to keep her eyes to herself. She keeps sneakily looking over to see Gavin. There's no way he can notice because she is doing it on the sly. Frankie notices though. "What's over there that's so interesting?" Frankie startles her when he asks.