One.

*Snowdrop - The first flower of Spring, symbolising new beginnings, hope, rebirth and the ability to overcome challenges*

The year is 2030, life as we know it was completely different to anything we had gotten used to.

An infectious disease sweeped across the globe, something that made the pandemics such as Covid19 and the Plague look like nothing. Instead of just killing people, it created the species we know today as Zombies.

Yep, that's right. Those unalive, brain eating, terrifying zombies you saw on shows like the walking dead, All of us are dead or Z nation. Or the famous costume idea painted green for Halloween too.

Only these were the real deal, ruthless killing machines, from people we had considered strangers, family or friends.

Luckily I wasn't one of them, and somehow now had the courage to take them out. What? It's literally a kill or be killed world now.

I had been walking through the empty streets of London, keeping my guard up and of course keeping a watchful eye over my shoulder. I'd heard of a refuge nearby, whether it existed or not I had no idea. But it was a risk I had to take.

I had run out of food, and my water supply was incredibly limited. Maybe 4/5 sips left in my flask.

So this was my biggest and only opportunity, find the refuge, hope they would accept me and be given a second chance to survive.

As I turned the corner I noticed the building a few of the guys back in the store had been talking about. An old, dusty abandoned building. Could've possibly been a factory of some sort all those years ago but for now, it seemed like a safe haven.

Guarded by big metal gates, wooden spikes and pointed mesh along the top to stop intruders getting in.

It was definitely something, knowing this place had its security, but surely it had all the necessities to survive inside.

I kept myself hidden behind an old green bin, making sure the coast was clear of zombies or any serial killers for that matter.

You'd be surprised, zombies weren't the only ones killing people out here. Everyone fought for their survival, and if you had something that one of them wanted...well let's just say you'd better get ready to trigger those fight or flight senses.

I slowly approached the gate, taking a small peek through the tinted windows but didn't manage to see even a glimpse of anyone in there. I was sure this was the place, it had to be.