Chapter 36

_ . _

Chapter 36

There was a time when Medusa tried to kill her child.

She gave birth as a monster, all by herself inside the ruins of Sarpedon, stranded on a faraway island where she was isolated from the outside world. As the Moirai Sisters woven the threads of fate, it became clear that she was fated to remain inside the ruins of Sarpedon to await her death.

She had two children as she tore her womb apart: one was a divine pegasus, and the other was a male monstrous Gordon similar to herself. The pegasus took one look at her horrifying state and flew away from the temple, leaving her and its other sibling alone.

Medusa was not concerned about the location of Pegasus. She wished to leave the temple of Sarpedon, but Athena had erected a barrier around the entire island that prevented her from doing so. If she tried to step outside the temple, she would suffer intense pain from the brightness of the barrier, which would burn her alive.

She would only lean against the broken pillar inside the temple in a daze, her long tail encircling the hallway, while the child, who could now crawl around, would follow her instinctively, as a snake would follow its mother to survive in the wilderness.

The child's skin appeared dark, as though he had been burned alive within her womb. His eyes shone in the darkness like a burning spark, despite their golden hue resembling the sun. With his body covered in golden scales, resembling a treasure itself, his tail appeared to be completely black, as though it were encircled by an abyss.

Medusa was scared. "What if someone kills me here? What will happen to the child?" She would always stare at the child, pondering over herself as the feelings of helplessness and despair drowned out her emotions, suffocating her until she felt herself unable to breathe.

The child, being clueless as he is, would only wrap himself around his mother, hoping to soothe her pain and suffering as he embraced her in innocence.

"Ma...ma..."

"Mama..."

Oftentimes, the newborn child will call out to his mother when he's hungry, uncomfortable, or wants to sleep. However, Medusa could only stare blankly at him. I observed the child as her thoughts ran wildly.

How dare I touch a child who is the result of a violation?

I don't deserve to become a mother.

One quiet night, the mother and son were sleeping in their nest near the broken pond. Even as a Gordon, Medusa can still remember all the terrifying things she had to experience: the vivid rough touches, her gagged breaths, the heavy body of a man pressing on hers, and the painful feeling of herself being ripped open. Her chastity, which she had protected to prove her loyalty and devotion to Athena, was instantly vanquished in a single night by a man who called himself a god.

Hate...

I hate them.

Those damned gods!

Perhaps because of her burst emotions, she roughly grabbed her child, threw him afar, and slammed him onto the broken pillar that she always leaned on when she had nothing to do. The newborn could only yell in pain, gaining consciousness in bewilderment as to why he was in pain. From afar, the child can see the seething rage coming from his mother as she slowly crawls to him.

She grabbed his neck, her sharp nails cutting her newborn's skin as she yelled in rage: "BECAUSE OF YOU!!! YOU'RE THE REASON I AM LIKE THIS!!! YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!!"