Ch14-Dinner

—————————Author's Note———————
I apologize... I'm sticking to the script one last time for the dinner between Sans and the human. I feel like it will add some more tension between the two.
—————————————————————————

Amelia dedicated a whole month spending time with her friends just as she'd planned. She felt a deep connection with her new pals, almost like they were lifelong buddies despite the short time they'd known each other. Surprisingly, she found it effortless to bond with these monsters, already considering them her her best friends. It was the first time she'd felt such a strong connection with someone other than Dina.

Their bonds run deep now, excluding Sans. He's still the one monster that Amelia can't win over. Every time things are civil between them, something messes it up. Amelia has also noticed Sans grows more distant day by day, and not just to her. To everyone, even his own brother. It feels like he's preparing for something, as if he's expecting something bad to happen, but Amelia doesn't know what. She concludes it's time to work on her relationship with Sans, maybe she can get him to open up about what's weighing on him.

     She hesitates about knocking on his door. She always feels on edge with Sans. Going out of her way to talk to him is challenging. With a shaky hand, she finally commits to it. Her knuckles clank against the door twice as she winces at how awkward it is.

     "Who's there?" Amelia sighs with a small smirk, knowing he's looking for a knock knock joke.

     "Peas." She conjures up a clever joke, hoping it will convince him to agree to her plans.

     "Peas who?"

     "Peas join me for dinner. I'm starving." A genuine chuckle is heard from Sans' side of the door, which brings a small smile to her face. Sans opens the door, studying her intently. That look of his always makes her uncomfortable.

     "You serious?" Sans leans against his door frame, his pin-pricked eyes locking with hers.

     "I- uh- well..." She can hardly get her words out from the way he's looking at her. She takes a breath to collect herself as she looks back into his gaze. "Yes. I um... I wanna get to know you better."

     "So a date?" His accusation floods blush into her cheeks. She grabs a piece of her long brunette hair and fidgets with it nervously.

     "N-No! I just... Oh god why do you do this shit to me?" She groans as she covers her face, leaving Sans with a cheeky grin. Sans will always go out of his way to tease her and make her uncomfortable. "No. I want to go as friends. Obviously."

"Hmm. Alright, I'll bite. I'm up for dinner." Sans sneaks a quip in. Amelia attempts at hiding her smirk, but a small laugh escapes her. "Why don't I take you somewhere new? I think we've been to Grillby's enough. Have you been to the capital yet?"

"No, not yet. I'm guessing they have a restaurant there?"

"Heh, yeah. Just a heads up, it's kinda fancy, but I don't feel like dressing up." He states with a lazy shrug. She's shocked that Sans is proposing to take her to a nice restaurant. The astonishment must be painted on her face, because Sans points it out. "What? Surprised I know of other places than Grillby's? Come on." Sans holds out his arm for her to take, which she reluctantly obliges.

Sans transports them into the pristine restaurant, leaving her jaw hanging in amazement at the sight. She's never been to a fancy establishment before, her family didn't have the money for it. She lingers for a moment, forgetting that she's still holding onto Sans' arm.