Chapter 29

Cast in scene: Olivia Lopez as Amelia Nilson
Zoya Eldeeb as Aurora

[INT. AMELIA'S KITCHEN - EVENING]

(Amelia is standing in the living room, pouring herself a glass of wine. She looks tense and exhausted, still wearing her work clothes. As she takes a sip, Aurora walks in and approaches her, resting her hand on Amelia's shoulder.)

1, 2, 3, and... Action!

Aurora: (softly) Rough day at the office?

Amelia: (sighs) You could say that again. I swear, if one more person asked me to stay late, I might lose it.

Aurora: (sympathetically) I'm sorry. You've been working so hard lately.

Amelia: (smiling weakly) Thanks. It means a lot coming from you, I know I have been putting too much on you lately.

Aurora: (gently) You know, you don't have to carry all this weight on your own.

Amelia: (tearfully) And who will carry it with me? (slight pause) I am so overwhelmed.

Aurora: (Grabbing her forearm) I get it. But you have me, if you ever need to talk.

Amelia: (nods) You are such an angel, you really made everything easier lately.

Aurora takes a deep breath and smiles weakly at Amelia as she takes a step back hesitantly.

[FADE OUT]

Zoya's POV:

I walked into my room after the shooting was done, unable to keep a straight face any longer. It's ironic that I'm an actress, yet I can't act nonchalant in this situation. Everyone was whispering, Olivia had been acting reserved, and Ezra and Ava were watching me like hawks. It's true that I wanted things to work with Olivia, but not like this. I would never risk her career and marriage. It needed to come from her. This is a game that I wasn't willing to play, and I don't want to win by playing it. I want Olivia to want me and to try to make things different for me, but I'm delusional.

I sat in front of the mirror and started wiping off my makeup. I wanted to get out of here and go home as quickly as possible. I wanted to talk to Sebastian, but after what Ezra said, I decided to remain quiet. I was even scared to think about Olivia.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, causing me to startle. Before I could respond, Ava entered, closing the door behind her.

"What do you want?" I asked, feeling annoyed as I continued to clean my face.

"The question is, what do you want?" she said, leaning against the mirror with her arms crossed.

"Right now? To remove my makeup, go home, and not listen to whatever you have to say," I retorted, exasperated.

"I'm not here to fight with you," she said, her eyes never wavering from mine.

"I didn't say anything. I'd never do this to Olivia," I stammered, struggling to hold back tears.

"Maybe not intentionally. You're new to this world. Maybe you talked to the wrong person, were careless. There are a million ways things can go wrong when you don't understand how this world works and how far paparazzi are willing to go for a story," she said calmly.

"What's your point?" I asked, unable to hold her gaze; I felt trapped beneath her scrutinizing eyes.

"My point is if you truly care about Olivia, you'll back off," she concluded, rising and uncrossing her arms.