Intro

My names Annabelle Martin. I'm 14 years old, but everyone who actually knows me and loves me calls me Anna. I have two little sisters, one Mable is 10, and the other Gracie is 6.

I was born in a small town in Italy 20 minutes from the Eiffel Tower. My dad is in the navy, so we move a lot. My mom is a stay at home mom. When I was little, I remember sitting in my bed with my mom laughing while reading books together, we would pack a picnic lunch and go eat at a park and play afterward. I hated going to school because I didn't get to be with my mom, but I was always so happy to come home and read books and do crafts and puzzles with her. Then my sister Mable was born, obviously a new baby took up a lot of my moms time and attention, I was sad for a little bit. But I understood why I didn't get to do as much with my mom. But my mom and dad still made sure to spend time with me, my mom, while Mable napped, and my dad after he got home from work. I have a very vivid memory of sitting in my room, and the floor started to shake. I jumped up and ran to go meet my dad downstairs as i knew the rumbling was the garage opening. He grabbed me and spun me around in the air, and then he told me that he had a surprise. He had gotten me a pink and green polk a dotted piggy bank. "When i come home from work, i have change in my pockets, and I'll give it to you, and you put it in here. Then you can save it up and go buy a toy or something that you want."

A year after Mable was born, we moved again.

But after Gracie was born, we got orders to go to one of the bases in London. While we were packing up, I didn't know at the time, but my grandpa had died. My mom was super upset, and my parents were super stressed. The movers came and packed everything up, while my mom and dad took inventory to make sure everything had made it into the truck I watched my sister's. Then we moved into a TLF, also known as Temporary Living Facilities. Until we left, it was a really long flight.

But enough backstory, that was forever ago, and honestly, it makes me sad to remember it.

Now my life is pretty boring, I watch my sisters while my parents are gone, I make dinner for the family, go to school do homework, find a way to distract my sisters while my parents yell at each other, get in fights with my mom, just normal teenage stuff.
But, lately, I've noticed something really off with my mom. She seems like she's not completely here. She's been angry and mean and has had zero patience since I was like 8. Today after school, I came home and started making dinner, I'm making Chicken alfredo. But as I was making the sauce and setting the table, my mom came out of her room and started yelling at me because I left a sock on the floor.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how that got there, I'll take care of it" I said as I walked over to go pick it up and found, that it wasn't even mine. It was hers. I took care of it and went back to making dinner.

I set the table and went and told everyone dinner was ready, Lucy threw a fit because she wouldn't eat the chicken and my mom said she had to. But, after she started crying my mom told her she didn't have to. Everyone started eating and it was peaceful and really nice until

"Let's see who had acceptable grades?" My mom says

Ugh I hate when she does this

"All a's and 100s looks good except why do you have a 96 in science are you kidding me, god your such a disappointment you ruin everything"

"I'm sorry mom I'm trying to get it up" I said

"You should be I raised you better than this, if you don't get it up to a 100 by the end of the week I'm taking your phone and giving it to Gracie"

"Yes Ma'am"

"Ooh Mable good job, your doing so good in math a 67, and in history an 71. Your doing great honey, keep it up"

"Thanks mamma"

"Gracie, Gracie Gracie, what did I do to deserve you, you have all C's and 1 B, your so smart" she said completely meaning it too

It made me upset but I brushed it off and cleaned up dinner once everyone was done.

----The Next Day---
I just got out of school, but as I was waiting for the bud I got a text from my mom"

"I'm almost at your school I'll pick you up out front, we're going to get treats for everyone's good grades"

Huh that's weird she was just getting upset with me for mine but mabye she realized she was being ridiculous

I climbed into the backseat, (yes the backseat, I waited till I was 13 to be able to sit up front, but now she's 10 and gets to whenever she wants)

"Ok, tell me what you want" she said as we got in line for Dairy Queen

"I want the triple swirl with white chocolate shell and sprinkles" Mable says

"I want that too" Gracie said

"Can I get the, mini one just with vanilla, please"

She stopped telling the lady what we wanted and said for us to go sit down

So we did, pretty soon she came to us, carrying three cones, the two with sprinkles and a mini vanilla

"Thank you so much mom" I said smiling and reaching for the mini cone

When suddenly "WHACK" that's mine stupid she said

The other two were already devouring theirs

"Oh, I'll sorry are they still making mine" I asked confused

"No, disappointments don't get icecream" I sat down and looked out the window trying to blink away my tears when I saw someone in his car taking pictures of us, but as soon as he noticed I saw him he puts his finger to his lips and makes the quiet signal, I don't know why but I did, I didn't say anything

We drove home and I started on my homework

At 5 I went upstairs and started dinner, we ate and my sisters talked about what they did at school, I cleaned up and then got in the shower and went to bed.