Pt2: The Devil's Triumph

The hellevator appeared in hell and the door opened letting an ecstatic devil dance out of it.

"Ooooh!" he squealed ,"I've been preparing for this day for months."

The devil grabbed three jars from a coffee table by the hellevator and put one soul in each.

"I've got it all planned out."

The devil strutted across the hall and placed the three jars on three different conveyor belts that snaked off into the depths of the industrial district of hell.

"I'll deal with them later," the devil dismissed ,"let's organise the festivities."

***

Eldar kettle was relaxing on his armchair listening to the radio and reading a book. He wasn't really listening or reading, just sort of existing with something to look at and hear.

*knock* *knock*

Kettle looked up sceptically from his book.

"Who could be knocking here at this time of afternoon?" he pondered.

He tiptoed over to the window and peaked through the curtains. He looked over at the door and saw a small blue child with tiny cream coloured horns standing on his doorstep.

"Oh it's just a kid,"

"Hellow widdle one!" kettle said opening the door and bending down to the eye level with the child."

"I am nyot a child-uh," said the so-called not child in a nasally voice, "I am Shtickler Auditor of hell. Ash as matter of fact i am ash old as death it's shelf-uh."

"Umm, ok then?"

"Are you zuh Legal guardian and grandfather of one Cuphead and one Mugman."

"Umm yes..?"

"I am here to inform you sjat the shouls of one Cuphead and one Mugman have been legally harveshted by the devil . I will alsho inform you sjat the soul of Ms Chalish has also been Harveshted in a similar manner as i am obligated to inform at least one mortal."

Kettle stood in the doorway with a quizzical look on his face trying to figure out what the small blue child just said.

"Wait a minute... YOU STOLE THE SOULS OF MY BOYS! WHERE ARE THEY?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LEGALLY HARVESTED THEM! Oh and Chalice too i wonder what she's got to do with this?"

"Well, originally Cuphead played a game of shoul ball and upon losing, the automatic system attempted to harvest is shoul. However he...

"Did the game explicitly say that your soul was to be taken?" Kettle asked inquisitively

"Well, no, but..."

"Well would that be F R A U D"

Sticker stood there in dead silence. His eyes widened and pupils shrunk. Kettle smiled down at Stickler, knowing that he's got him.

"I admit it!" stickler cried falling to Eldar kettle's feet ,"I am a criminal. Pleash don't tell anyone, my reputation ish at shtake!"

"Well," Eldar Kettle said, "I'll only do you that favour if you give me something in return.

***

The devil appeared with a puff of smoke in the middle of the demons' workroom.

"Big news everyone!" he announced ,"I've finally got the souls from those cups!"

he closed his eyes and held up his hands, waiting for his applause. There was none.

"I SAID!" the devil announced, louder and more aggressively this time, "I'VE FINALLY GOT THE SOULS FROM THOSE CUPS!"

"yea , yea good job boss," said one demon manning the war sector ," we're really busy right now. You see there's this ex art student in..."

"I DON'T CARE" The devil screamed"APPLAUD MY ACHIEVEMENTS!"

All the demons turned around uncertainty and began to clap, some of them still tapping away at their typewriters behind their backs.

"Oh thank you, thank you, oh yes I know I'm the best," the devil said, his anger forgotten. "You guys set up the festivities, i've got a little work to wrap up."

With that the devil disappeared in another puff of sparks and smoke

"Natural disasters, it's your job to set up the party," said a demon from the poverty sector,

"What?!" yelled the entire natural disaster ,"what about the alcohol division, it's the prohibition what are they doing?"

"Working under cover!" yelled a muffled voice from beneath them

"But..." began a demon from the Natural Disasters section. She looked around and saw every demon staring at them, "ok fine."