CHAPTER 23

It pained me to remember the day which turned our lives inside out nevertheless what scared me more was narrating the incident to her who unconsciously stored the memories away in a box at the back of her mind.Even though it hurts to not be recognized by her and would have to live with the fact that I'll always be the guy she befriended in school by pure 'coincidence'.

I might have barged myself back into her world, the one she constantly strives to stay away from pushing back her memories to an extent that it would be next to impossible to regain control of but with or without her memories I will make it my utmost priority to shove myself infront of her to make my existence worthwhile because the world be damned if I play the role of a shadow in her life any longer.
Dad made me think that love is a reckless thing to do and something of weakness but I'm ready to be unarmed if she's the one holding the gun to my head and maybe he is right but I'm too gone for her to use my head.

I watch the tears escape her eyes as the story unfolded itself infront of her, the grief she feels is real and what she doesn't realize is that she too witnessed it herself but I wouldn't dare push her any further because as much as I would like her to remember every little thing from the past so we could cherish our time together but her mind is too fragile like her and wouldn't be able to take in all the information in one go.

I notice Piero and Lola escape the party hurrying their way towards the back of the house, I wonder what Al has to say about this lovely sexcapedes of her brother with her best friend.

I move my focus back to her realizing her sobs have gotten much silent "Heyy, you good now?" moving the strands away from her face to get a better look of her she meekly nods to my words as I pull her into my arms taking in the sweet smell of lilies that I've missed out which nearly made me go rogue, "Are you with me for some sort of revenge? I mean is this one of those sick games where you take your revenge through me because my father deals business with the Borgia's" she looks at me with suspicion in her eyes, squinting her eyes a little inching towards my face which made me smile at how immediately she knits a story in that cute little head of her's.

"This is about the time you should stop reading those books. You've started to blur the lines between reel and real love" laughing I push her away placing my index finger on her forehead rubbing that spot a little she fold her arms scooting away from me unbothered "You're just saying this because you don't want me to find your master plan but guess what it's too lame" she mocks I slide back to her leaving little to no space between us "You don't get to push yourself away from me when I've tried so hard to be this close to you" holding her face closer "You're always going to be part of my plan for future but I wouldn't let you go even be within the range of my revenge game well aware the possibility of losing you. I've long-awaited for us to happen and it'd be stupid of me to let you slip away from me when I've fought tooth and nail for you" her eyes shine with questions that I can't answer for her not now before she could let herself ask those questions I stand up "Let's go we can't be missing for long" I put my hand towards her which she gladly takes as we walk back to the house.

The house was stuffed with countless people from both sides of our families as much as I wished for it to be intimate with a small gathering the Montanari's and Medici's don't back away without putting up a show of their extravagant way of living. Enzo sat by the bar chugging down a glass of vodka who have made it his target to empty down the bar tonight not that I care but as long as he enjoys and don't indulge himself in something stupid it's good.

Alessia stayed close enough for me to have a look at her every now and then to relieve me out of the boredom whose source is none other than her uncle, Giovanni Medici. "We're very happy to have your father back and now we also have his two sons to stand tall by him against all odds" smiling he takes a sip of his wine, he's well known for playing dirty in his business and unlike other merchants he knows how to cover up his track without leaving any evidence that might trail back to him, "The reunion of the two families couldn't have been more perfect than this Davide" giving a light pat on my shoulder as he trails it down my arms.

Lorenzo loves to shield his baby brother helping him bury his failures what he doesn't know is that Giovanni will usurp the power that he now holds with the right strategy and movement but as much as I love to watch snag in family matters it could deeply affect Alessia as well.I promised to help Lorenzo by fixing the issues his company now faces but again he isn't aware that I'll make him soon regret that he ever joined his forces with me; what stands in between my end is her. I've been trying to keep her away from all of this yet no matter hard I try she's ultimately been pulled soo deep into me that now if I try to yank her out of my life she'll leave behind this hole in my heart as I bleed to my death.

As much as the Pazzi's disrupted my plan I very much did the same with them because if I go down I'm taking everyone with me. They've been too quite for their own good the entire party even when the journalists asked about the news which was out prior to our engagement they kept shut about it and finished it professionally,
"We send our best wishes to the new couple and the journey that they soon will embark on. Marriage itself is such a beautiful thing and we congratulate them for finding each other" giving one last smile to the flashes Matteo heads back inside with his family. It might seem a big win to the people that I side-tracked the Pazzi's but Medici's and Pazzi's are two tightly knitted family apart from the fact that they are always plotting against each other this is the sole reason I could never let my guard down with any of the people present here.

I excuse myself from the absolute shit talk to be by her side when Piero and Lola too finally came in view "Hiieeeee " Lola squeals rubbing her hands around her arm while Piero and I simply shook our heads to each other.

Each time I look at him I have to stop the urge to say Remo's name there are moments where I feel like Piero unknowingly channel his soul into himself although its for a flash moment but it comes up every now and then.

I remember the moment when I first saw him in the parking lot when I badly wanted to throw my hands on him turned out it was her brother, all these years I almost forgot what they looked like had it not been my utter obsession for Alessia I might have also failed to recognize her.

Alessia trails to question where did the two of them disappeared being soo ignorant but how can she really fail to see the dishevelled state of both their clothes and come on the lipstick stain on Piero's collar is soo noticeable anyways I'm not going to be the one to pop it out.