Season 9 | Episode 172: Unpacking Desires

A month had passed since Elena and Damon moved to a different house, far away from Mystic Falls, known only to a select few of their friends. It was too dangerous for Damon's whereabouts to become public knowledge, especially now that he had the cure running in his veins.

Elena had only been a vampire for three years. Thus, when the cure was extracted from her, she aged merely three years—a change almost imperceptible. In contrast, removing the cure from Damon would cause time to catch up with him rapidly, much like it did with Katherine. His body would age aggressively, leading to his demise within months.

With the threat looming over them, they chose to settle in a small, picturesque town with a close-knit community where they could enjoy a quiet life, or as much as two vampires-turned-humans could.

Their new house was situated above a closed commercial space that Damon had grand plans for—a bar, of course. But for now, unpacking seemed to be lower on their list of priorities as they were unable to keep their hands off each other for even a moment, making up for the lost time.

"Where should we put your top-shelf bourbons? We don't have a shelf yet. Maybe we should buy one," Elena wondered as she held Damon's finest bourbons in each hand.

He stopped arranging the china in the kitchen and approached her, his signature smirk playing on his lips. "Top-shelf bourbons in the hands of a clumsy human. Careful now, Elena, you might break one and incur the wrath of the Salvatore."

She rolled her eyes, but the smile on her lips betrayed her. "Guess I'll have to be extra careful then. Wouldn't want to upset the mighty Damon Salvatore."

He leaned in, his lips grazing her ear. "Smart girl."

"Speaking of smart," Elena began, attempting to step away, only to find herself pulled back by Damon's firm grasp

"Speaking of smart," Elena began, attempting to step away, only to find herself pulled back by Damon's firm grasp. "I was thinking of fixing something to eat. Are you—"

"—hungry?" Damon finished, his smirk widening into a grin. "Yes, darling. But for now, I'm hungry for something else entirely."

Their playful banter dissolved into a passionate kiss, and before Elena could protest, Damon had her pinned against the nearest surface, his hands wandering.