Episode 177: Don't Mess with the Mama-to-Be

After one of her classes, Elena approached her professor, trying to keep her voice steady despite her nerves. "Hey, Mr. Riley, do you have a moment?" she asked.

Mr. Riley looked up from his desk, noting the seriousness in Elena's expression. "Of course, Ella. What's up?" he replied, giving his student his full attention.

Taking a deep breath, Elena admitted, "I'm not feeling so great today. I've been dealing with some stomach issues, and I was wondering if it's okay for me to head home a bit early."

Mr. Riley's eyes softened with concern. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Ella. Of course, you can go. Your health comes first. Take care of yourself."

Grateful for the permission, Elena smiled. "Thanks, Mr. Riley. I'll catch up on anything I miss," she assured before gathering her things and heading out of the classroom.

As Elena exited the classroom, her steps faltered, and she quickly pressed her back against the wall for support. A wave of nausea washed over her, and she brought a hand to her mouth, trying to suppress the rising urge to vomit.

Emerging from her school, Elena hurried through the deserted alleyway, her steps quickening with each passing moment

Emerging from her school, Elena hurried through the deserted alleyway, her steps quickening with each passing moment. Nausea and dizziness washed over her, prompting her decision to leave early. The familiar ache of fatigue weighed heavily on her limbs.

With a weary sigh, Elena reached into her bag, fumbling for her phone to call Damon and let him know that she didn't finish the classes. But before she could dial his number, a sudden movement caught her eye, and she froze in her tracks, her senses on high alert.

"Who's there?" Elena called out, her voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through her veins.

Out of the darkness, a figure emerged, its movements fluid and predatory. Elena's heart pounded in her chest as she instinctively reached for the stake tucked into her bag, her training with Alaric kicking in.

The figure stepped forward, revealing himself to be a vampire, his demeanor glinting with murderous intent as black veins appeared beneath his eyes, and his fangs gleamed in the dim light. Elena tensed, her grip tightening on the stake as she prepared to defend herself against the unexpected threat.

Without hesitation, the vampire lunged forward, his movements swift and deadly, but a shimmering barrier materialized around Elena, pulsating with a faint blue light. Startled, the vampire recoiled, his advance halted by the unseen force.