Chapter 7

As dusk descended upon the castle, a hushed sense of anticipation filled the air. Paris stood at the balcony, her eyes scanning the horizon for any signs of trouble. Beside her, Lillie whimpered softly, her instincts sensing the tension that gripped the kingdom.

Below, Gabriel and his warriors gathered in the courtyard once more, their forms illuminated by the soft glow of torchlight. Tonight, their vigilance would be put to the test as the full moon rose overhead, casting an eerie silver light upon the land.

With a steady hand, Gabriel issued commands to his pack, each member poised and ready for battle. Paris watched with bated breath, her heart swelling with pride at the sight of their strength and unity.

Suddenly, a low growl rumbled through the night, sending shivers down Paris's spine. Lillie tensed in her arms, her keen senses detecting the presence of an intruder nearby.

Without hesitation, Gabriel signaled to his warriors, who sprang into action with deadly precision. In moments, they had surrounded the perimeter, their senses attuned to the slightest sound or movement.

Paris held her breath as she waited for the inevitable clash, her hands trembling with fear and adrenaline. But as the minutes stretched into hours, no enemy emerged from the shadows.

Finally, as the first light of dawn crept over the horizon, Gabriel signaled for his pack to stand down. The tension that had gripped the castle dissipated like mist in the morning sun, replaced by a sense of relief and gratitude.

As Paris descended from the balcony, she found herself drawn to Gabriel's side, her heart pounding in her chest. "We were lucky tonight," she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Gabriel nodded, his gaze never leaving the horizon. "Luck had little to do with it," he replied, a flicker of determination in his eyes. "It was our vigilance and unity that kept our kingdom safe."

And as they stood together in the fading moonlight, Paris knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, as long as they stood united, they would overcome them. For in the bond between alpha and pack, lies the strength to face any darkness and emerge victorious under the watchful gaze of the moon.