Chapter 2

The morning arrived with a jarring cacophony of pounding fists against my door, tearing me from a fitful slumber. "Hey, bitch, get up and make breakfast and clean the house. We have guests visiting today," the grating voice of one of my tormentors echoed through the room. Rolling over, I glanced at the alarm clock—a grim reminder of my oversleeping. The crash of my fall to the floor barely registered, softened by my depleted state from their scant feeding.

Hurrying through my morning routine, I barely spared a glance at the disheveled figure reflected in the bathroom mirror. Clad in a plain black dress and worn trainers, I raced downstairs, bracing myself for the inevitable onslaught.

The kitchen greeted me with its usual hostility, punctuated by the forceful impact of a punch to my face. Kandy, the epitome of vulgarity with her garish makeup and artificial tan, wasted no time in asserting her dominance. "Bitch, where is my breakfast?" she spat, her words laced with malice as she landed another blow.

Scrambling to fulfill their demands, I served breakfast with mechanical precision, enduring the onslaught of abuse with stoic silence. But it was the unexpected appearance of the Alpha that halted my movements, freezing me in place with a mixture of fear and reverence.

"Bow your head, omega," his commanding voice pierced the air, sending shivers down my spine. "Finish your chores and then prepare dinner for our guests—the Alpha Prince is among them."

With a nod of acquiescence, I set to work, racing against the clock to meet their demands. With the kitchen bustling with activity, the savory aroma of cooking filled the air, masking the underlying tension.

When the time came to serve dinner, I entered the dining room with trepidation, carefully distributing plates to the assembled guests. But as I approached the Alpha Prince, a sensation unlike any I had experienced before washed over me—a primal instinct screaming "mate" reverberated through my mind.

Desperate to escape the overwhelming emotions flooding my senses, I fled to the sanctuary of the kitchen, only to find myself cornered by the very object of my turmoil. In a whirlwind of passion and confusion, our lips met in a fervent kiss—a forbidden union born of desire and longing.

Pushing him away with all the strength I could muster, I steeled myself against the onslaught of emotions threatening to consume me. "You should go and eat your dinner," I managed, my voice trembling with uncertainty.

But his persistence knew no bounds, his commanding presence demanding my compliance. With a resigned sigh, I relented, knowing that resistance was futile against the Alpha's will.

As the evening wore on, I found myself caught in a delicate dance of temptation and restraint, my heart torn between duty and desire. Yet, amidst the chaos of the evening, a flicker of hope ignited within me—a glimmer of possibility in the darkness of my existence.

As the night drew to a close, and exhaustion threatened to claim me, I retreated to the solace of my bed, the memory of our encounter lingering like a haunting melody in the recesses of my mind. And as sleep finally claimed me, I dared to dream of a future where love and freedom were not merely distant fantasies, but tangible realities waiting to be grasped.