An Interview with my Friends

"If you were to choose any Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus character, who would represent you?"

"That's an easy question," Adelaide snorted, leaning back in her seat with confidence. "I've been reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians for years now. There's no doubt in my mind that Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano and I are the same person."

Adelaide was pretty convinced about her answer, but there was deeper meaning behind it. As a child, Adelaide had always been raising herself. With only one parent basically living at her workplace, she was forced to mature very quickly. Since her childhood, Adelaide had kept her leadership tendencies and flaunted her ability to lead. 

"Why?" I asked her, tapping my pen against the clipboard. "You don't look anything like Reyna."

"It's not looks I'm talking about," Adelaide argued. "She and I have a similar personality. She knows how to lead because of how she was raised, and I'm just about the same."

"Anything else?" Writing her response onto the page, she continued her small speech. 

"Reyna grew up fast and was forced to be a role model for others," Adelaide continued eagerly. "I've always admired her for not letting emotion get in the way of her ambitions. Maybe one day, I'll be just like her."

That sent a smile across my lips. "Yeah, Adelaide. Go for it, girl."

"Which Greek God are you most like?"

"Demeter," Maddy answered immediately. "I'm very positive about that."

"Why?" I pondered, poking the tip of my pen at the corners of my lips. "Why are you so certain about this?"

"She's a very calm person and loves plants," Maddy nodded her head, calmly responding to my questions. "Not only that, either. No matter what life throws at her, she stays true to her roots and keeps living on. There's never really been a scandal with her, or so I've heard."

"What you're saying is that she's pretty chill," I translated. "That's a good answer. Is there anything else about her that you admire?"

"She had a famous daughter named Persephone," Maddy acknowledged, crossing her legs and placing a hand on her left knee. "Persephone was taken captive, and Demeter fought for her. All she wanted was her daughter back. She didn't stop fighting until they all faced an agreement. She just wanted to keep her daughter safe, and that's pretty admirable."

"Yeah, I totally agree," I grinned. "Thanks for answering that, Maddy."

"No problem." Maddy stood from her temporary seating, exiting the area before any more questions were aired. 

"Which guy are you most like in Percy Jackson?"

"Honestly?" Pierce asked, slightly cringing. "I'm a little embarrassed about that."

"I won't judge you," I replied softly. "Say whatever you want as long as you have a good enough reason."

"Alright, well-" Pierce paused, sucking in a breath. "I like to think that I'm very similar to Leo Valdez. He's a very humorous guy, but knows how to get serious when the time calls for it."

"You like to associate yourself with Leo Valdez?" I smiled, writing down his character silently. "I can see how you'd think that. Explain further, though."

"Leo Valdez always maintained a humorous attitude after his mother brutally passed away," Pierce elaborated. "When others were feeling down, Leo was always there to cheer them up. He's so underrated because of his attitude. Everyone goes through tragedy, and nobody acknowledged his trauma. Leo just deals with his trauma differently, and people don't always see that."

"Yeah, I understand," I nodded. "That's very relatable, wouldn't you say?"

"I would," Pierce agreed. "Leo's hilarious attitude is supposed to be silly, but it's just masking his unresolved trauma. He really wants to be understood behind closed doors, but doesn't know how to get it. People often look down on him because of that, but in reality, he's just as broken as the rest of them. Nobody seems to understand that."

I sat there, speechless. Pierce's answers were undeniably correct. "Did you practice before this interview? Is that what you think about in the shower?"

Pierce shrugged. "Nobody's ever really asked me what I thought about the characters, but I've always had answers ready."

I let out a laugh. "I can see that."

"If you could take anyone's place and change their character, who would you choose?"

"There are so many villains in Percy Jackson," Brooke started. "But even the heroes make mistakes that can cost them the entire fight. It's hard to explain who I'd replace and why."

"I suppose that's true," I mumbled. 

"But, if I had to choose, I'd pick Nico Di Angelo," Brooke decided. 

I leaned forward in my seat. "Oh?"

"It's no surprise that Nico has been through a lot," Brooke shrugged. "Hurt people hurt people, but that doesn't give him any reason to basically kill off Octavian and treat other people like garbage. Sure, everything worked out in the end, but he was still the saltiest character in the entire series."

"Nico's your favorite character," I clarified. "You like him because of his personality, but why else?"

"He avenged his sister and his family," Brooke instantly replied. "Nico's mother was killed by Zeus, and his sister was killed by a monster. When everyone he loved died, Nico kept going. That was how he befriended so many people. Still, he took the wrong way a few times before he realized what love truly was. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "That was pretty deep, Brooke. Thanks for answering my questions. See you later!"

"If you could bring one character back from the dead, who would you choose?"

"How many people have even died?" Luna asked me, counting off characters silently on her fingertips. "There's a lot, I know that for sure."

"A few specific demigods from Camp have died," I agreed. "Who would you bring back from the dead if you could?"

"I know some people would say Bianca or probably Silena, but I'd have to say Michael Yew," Luna decided. "You know, he was the counselor of Apollo Cabin following the death of his brother, Lee Fletcher."

"I'm positive that nobody else has said Michael Yew before," I squinted my eyes at her. "What makes you like him so much?"

"Well, he died doing what he loved," Luna shrugged. "He's so underrated. Michael had the potential to save the world with his powers and saved many people. Still, I believe he should've had a better chance to assist his friends and family."

"Thanks, Luna," I grinned. "That'll be it for today."

Sorry my last chapter wasn't very good :(

The Greta Priest chapters were counting down to my doctor appointments, and I've been on medication for a few weeks. It makes me really drowsy, so I haven't had the time to write a whole lot. Thanks for supporting me through my reading! It means a lot!