Session 1.1: Arrival in Palebank

This is a campaign that has taken the span of around 2 years to get to the point we are now. The beginning parts are shorter, but become more detailed further in.

(The party is formed)

After a long journey across Exandria, each with their own goal in mind they arrived in Palebank just in time to witness the burial of Urgon Wenth, a Dwarven exlorer and longtime resident, who had fallen mysteriously ill. As per the request of the village's leader, Elro Aldatuar, they began to investigate the source of his death.

A strange sickness that slows the victim over time and eventually turns them to ice and can be identified by blue veins beneath the skin.

He gave them the options of checking out Urgon's home, and talking to Tulil Lutan, a second victim who hadn't been seen in several days after locking herself inside her house on the other side of town.

Searching through Urgon's home and belongings they came across a receipt that led them across town to Pelc's Curiosity's, the local Antique shop, run by one Verla Pelc. Upon arriving they discovered that not only had the store been broken into, but the culprits were also still inside.

While three of them, Markhus, Keg, and Yimir, engaged this group of thieves, the fourth member of their group, Actus, snuck around back and, very gracefully, went in through one of the windows. Once inside, he came upon the body of Verla, who had apparently also fallen victim to the strange illness beginning to plague the small village of Palebank.

Upon questioning the remaining reluctant bandit, who you scared to literal tears by intimidating him after murdering all his friends, he revealed to them that he and his group had been given a similar task to theirs and was looking for a cure by order of Hulil Lutan, who they were told could be found in a cave outside of town.

On their way out of the building, they came across a sobbing figure, a tabaxi mother in search of her lost child, Salsa, who she was growing quite concerned about. She asked if they could go and look in Croaker Cave where the child often played much to her grief.