Ch.7: A Father's Sins, Patronus

(Third Person P.O.V)

Winter came and went. Snow had melted away, and the green grass returned as spring came. Two girls, however, sat in the library with saddened looks on their faces. Hermione and Delilah stared at the pages of their respective books, but not reading a single word. Delilah couldn't handle the silence any longer and decided to speak.

Delilah: "Have you heard anything?"

Delilah sounded both sad and worried. Hermione closed her book and placed it to the side.

Hermione: "No, not a single thing. It's been months. I'm really worried about him."

Delilah sat her book to the side now and looked to the busy-haired girl.

Delilah: "I know, he always comes to classes but is the last to arrive and first to leave."

Hermione: "He hasn't come to breakfast or dinner. Ever since he found out.... about his father."

Delilah: "Well... how would if... THAT was your father?"

The silence returned for a moment as they both looked down at the table they were sitting at.

Hermione&Delilah: "We need to talk to him."

They looked at each other in surprise but then laughed softly. They both care for (Y/n) and just want to make sure that he's alright. They both want to be there for him. So they rose from their seats and headed out of the library. They began their search for (Y/n).

They moved through the halls of the castle in search. Hall after hall. Up and down staircase after staircase. They asked Ron if he knew where (Y/n) would be. Much to no one's surprise, he didn't. But he himself was worried too. They didn't try to ask Harry since he was going through his own thing about Black. They asked McGonagall when they came across her. She saw the worried looks on the girls' faces. McGonagall thought it best not to tell them about the Room of Requirement. She simply apologized to the girls and went on her way.

They continued looking for (Y/n), but no luck. It started to seem hopeless for a moment. Then they some cheeps and growls coming from behind them. They turned to see Kilgharrah gliding down and landing on the floor.

Hermione: "Kilgharrah, what are you doing here?"

Kilgharrah just did his usual growls as he looked at Hermione. Both the girls knelt down to Kilgharrah.

Hermione: "Please, if you understand me, can you show us where (Y/n) is?"

Delilah: "We've been very worried and just want to make sure he's okay. Can you help us do that? You must be worried too."

Kilgharrah looks down for a moment and looks back up at the girls. He nods his head in agreement with Delilah's words. He turns a way and starts running in the other direction. The girls look at each other.

Hermione: "I guess we should follow him?"

Delilah nodded, and the two followed the small dragon. They went through hallway after hallway. The dragon looked back a couple of times to make sure they were following and continued on his way. Leading them. Until Kilgharrah perched himself atop a door that neither of the girls had seen in the castle before.

The dragon wipes the top of the door with his tail, revealing carved runes. The girls were in a state of bewilderment. Hermione went to turn the door handle until Kilgharrah growled. Causing her to stop. He then breathed a small amount of flames onto the runes. The runes slowly glowed blue for a moment until the glow faded. Kilgharrah looked at Hermione and gave her a nod.

Hermione, taking this as a sign that she can now open the door. She did so, revealing the room full of books, a larger desk in the center, and steps leading out an open doorway at the other end of the room. Outside that doorway were green fields and moutians. At least, that is what the girls could see from their end of the room as they walked in.