Ch.3: Grim Sight, Take Flight

I woke up the next day, thanks to Kilgharrah slapping his wing on my face to wake me. I slowly start to sit up on the bed as I pat at his wing to stop him. I changed into my house clothes and looked at the class schedule that was given to me by Professor Dumbledore.

(Y/n): "Divination? I wonder what that's all about?"

???: "Divination. The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown through supernatural means."

I then quickly turned my head and scanned the room to try and see where the mysterious voice came from. I looked too Kilgharrah, who just cocked his head to the side, looking at me curiously.

(Y/n): "Who the hell said that? I swear, this world gets stranger and stranger every day. What do you think, Kilgharrah?"

Kilgharrah just gave me a small roar as he continued to look at me curiously.

(Y/n): "Yeah, I should just probably stop thinking about it and head to the common room. Maybe Harry, Ron, and Hermione are already down there? Let's go."

I walked towards the door with my arm extended towards Kilgharrah so he could climb up it and sit on my shoulder. I opened the door and walked down to the Gryffindor common room where I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who was already going through some of her books. I got down there and waved towards them.

(Y/n): "Hey, guys. What's going on?"

Harry: "We're just waiting till we have to go to our first class. We seem to still have a bit of time, but most of the other Gryffindor's have left already."

Ron: "Yeah, so Harry and I have just been having a go at some wizard's chess and talkin' Quidditch. Hermione is just... being Hermione."

I look over to see Hermione give a slight eye roll to Ron's comment, but she immediately does go back to her books. I looked back at Ron, curious about this wizards chess and Quidditch he talked about. My ears then focused on a record player playing classical, calming music. It's good... for someone's grandma. I don't like to judge people's musical tastes, but we're all teenagers. Shouldn't we be listening to something a bit more modern.

(Y/n): "Hey, you guys got anything else besides this oldies music? Maybe some Bon Jovie, AC/DC, or Queen? I'd even take a Beetles album."

Ron and Harry looked at me with complete confusion on their faces. Hermione even looked up from her book to look up at me in confusion. I looked back at them, equally confused.

(Y/n): "What? Did I say something wrong?"

Ron: "Who is Bon Jovie?"

My heart sank at those four little words as shock rushed across my face.

Harry: "What is an AC/DC? And did you mean the Queen?"

Ron: "And why did you mention beetles?"

I swear my jaw felt as if it hit the floor. Did they seriously not know? I listed off the biggest names in music. Hell, they should at least know about the biggest band in all of the U.K., not just because they're English.

(Y/n): "Come on, you guys. You're kidding, right? Bon Jovie, Queen, AC/DC, The Beetles, Green Day, Metallica?"

They all just continued to stare at me blankly.

(Y/n): "Do any of you have any idea what rock music is at all?"

I watched as they all just shook their heads no. I was silent for a good minute. Until.

(Y/n): "DEAR GOD, WHAT DO THEY TEACH IN THIS PLACE!?!?!?"

I shouted, almost pulling my hair out. How have they not heard of these bands and genre? I instantly went back up and grabbed my guitar and some records since we had some time.