9.8

Capital base.

  In a high-end apartment, Wei Ning was sitting upright in the living room, his unsmiling face adding a touch of gentleness as he looked at the gentle young man with picturesque features in front of the desk.

  The young man named Kang Yujie is the only son of the current chairman of the base. He has known Wei Ning for many years and has an unusual relationship.

  Kang Yujie brought the brewed tea to Wei Ning and smiled warmly, "The Lin family is very profit-oriented. Although it is not popular, it is not the time to fall out."

  "The last days are difficult, and human beings should unite and cooperate to overcome difficulties together, instead of fighting among themselves."

  "A businessman." Wei Ning sneered coldly, his words showing displeasure.

  Kang Yujie laughed, "Except for the fact that the Lin family is a little more aggressive during negotiations and when their own interests are involved, they are usually quite calm. At least, they have not used the materials in their hands to drive up the price of medicines."

  "Lin Gang is a smart man. Although the three Lin, Weikang, and Kang families are fighting each other, they are dependent on each other. He needs to maintain balance and protect the Lin family, and we also need the resources of the Lin family to research virus antibodies."

  "Yu Jie, believe me, the Lin family is not a kind person. Sooner or later they will cause a big mess." Wei Ning warned.

  "But at least not before the end of the apocalypse." Kang Yujie said, "We all have the need to take advantage of each other. Wei Ning, I am a politician, which is far more complicated than you think."

  "Now I just want to end the apocalypse."

  Looking at the young man's peaceful profile, Wei Ning's heart moved slightly, "I'll help you."

  Kang Yujie raised his head and smiled gently, "Thank you Wei Ning."

  Wei Ning stayed in Kang Yujie's apartment all afternoon, before leaving and returning to his own apartment near evening.

  When he returned to his residence and was about to open the door, Wei Ning suddenly turned around with a look in his eyes, "Who!?"

  Hei Qi walked out of the hidden corner, and the orange sunset reflected from the glass window onto its face, warming his usually cold features.

  Wei Ning didn't like Lin Haobai, but because of the antibody issue, he wouldn't drive him away without saying a word.

  Hei Qi entered Wei Ning's room uninvited and revealed his purpose straight away, "Take me to Province C with you without telling everyone else."

  Wei Ning frowned, confused, "Reason."

  "Looking for someone." Hei Qi's explanation was vague and he didn't want to be too clear.

  Wei Ning couldn't guess Hei Qi's purpose, but he wasn't going to agree. Beyond the walls of the base was a hunting ground for zombies, full of dangers. Although he didn't like Lin Haobai, he was an indispensable main force in researching antibodies.

  As if he saw what Wei Ning was thinking, Hei Qi interrupted him, "Don't refuse in a hurry, you might as well listen to my bribe first."

  Hei Qi took out two liquids from his pocket, "The technology for purifying water and soil is free."

  When the apocalypse comes, not only will human beings suffer heavy casualties directly, but water sources and land will also be polluted and contain a large number of viruses. The water sources will not be drinkable, and the food grown in the soil will not be edible. No matter how much supplies we have in the past, they will be wasted.