Chapter 7 / Camp Half-Blood

A/N: this one is a bit shorter and it's not my best, but I tried. Shoutout to @kotlc2744 for Hallie's new nicknames. I'm glad everyone's enjoying her story 🩵

Hallie's POV:

Camp Half-Blood is weird as hell. I'll give you that.

So far, I've been claimed by both Poseidon and Athena - expected -, confronted by seven kids, moved into Cabin 3 and ordered to meet my parents old friends. IT'S BEEN TWO. FREAKING. DAYS.

I bury my face in my pillow. I hate this already. That's when someone knocks on the door.

I roll over to see Jase and Pan's parents ; Piper, Leo, Grover and Juniper.

"Hi Hallie," Piper Valdez smiles.

I fight the urge to groan.

These people keep calling me 'Jackson', or 'Hallie Jackson'. That's not my name.

My name is Hallie Brock. And so far, only Chiron has accepted it.

"Yes?" I ask, sitting up. I play with the ring on my right hand pointer finger, one of my Dad's ones. He gave it to me.

"We were wondering if you would like to come and talk to us?" Grover Underwood asks with a smile.

I can't say no, so I just climb down and lean against the wall. "Yeah?"

The four parents sit down on one of the bunks and face me. Again, I fight the urge to groan. Another stupid talk about 'how proud my parents would be' and 'I look just like my dad'.

And so my torture begins again.

After it, I collapse on my bed. Having a thought, I create a rainbow and recite my chant.

"Show me Colby Brock and Sam Golbach, Las Vegas."

Dad and Uncle Sam appear.

"Hayes!" Dad grins.

"I freaking hate this," I whine. "No one will shut up about how proud my parents would be...I KNOW this! I don't need the reminders mate!"

"Aww Lee," Uncle Sam frowns.

"Gods," I sigh. "At least I'm able to train. I sucked at swords before."

"You saved our lives," Dad points out.

"Still sucked," I shrug. "I'm way better now."

"That's good to hear," Uncle Sam grins at me. "Can't wait to see you again."

"Same," I say softly. "Love you."

"Love you too," they both reply.

I believe it. 

I also meant it.