Chapter 9 / Preparations

A/N: SO THIS IS FOR MY BESTIE WHO WAS COMPLAINING IN CLASS BECAUSE THERE ISNT ENOUGH OF HALLIE AND THE BOYS SO HERE 

Hallie's POV:

We're driving to the Conjuring House. And I- I just I'm annoyed at myself.

"Why did I agree to this?" I mumble, tugging on my jacket as we speed past trees and forest-like conditions.

Well...technically it's not my jacket. It's Dads, but I don't care. I stole it. It's comfy.

"We're like half an hour away!" Uncle Sam grins. "I'm so excited!"

"I'm not," I mutter. I check that my bag of clothes and hygiene (as well as books shut up) is at my feet.

Our week at the Conjuring and I already hate it. How fun.

I'm in some tights, green lace up shoes, a plain black shirt, a cream XPLR jumper and Dad's black '25x25' jacket. My hair is down but I have a black scrunchie around my wrist.

"This is gonna be the death of me," I complain. "Then I'll haunt you."

Dad laughs, shaking his head. "I'm not letting you die on me."

"Oh good," I grin back. Then I grab my phone and text Sophia.

When I die at this week-at-the-conjuring crap, say 'she told you so' to my Dad and Uncle Sam ✌🏼

I then put it back and the trees continue to fly past.

***

"How much longer?" I ask, looking up from one of my books.

"So you are excited?" Dad grins.

"No. I'm waiting for my suffering to begin," I scoff. "I can't believe I agreed to this."

"Because you love me," Dad teases again.

"You freaking wish," I laugh, shaking my head. "I think I'd had too much sugar when I agreed."

"Which flight attendant would give a preteen, ADHD child sugar?" Uncle Sam snickers.

"I gave it to myself. Duh."

"Of course you did."

I giggle, rolling my eyes. "What - why wouldn't I? I was hungry! Also, the flight attendants had to pay me extra attention because I was an unaccompanied minor on the flight."

"Never mind the fact you were clearly capable," Dad points out.

"It said on the thing I had to give them I'm ADHD and Dyslexic. Believe me, they did not trust me," I frown. "And I was fiddling."

"See but that's normal for most kids alone," Dad shrugs. "Kids of any age would fiddle when by themselves on a plane."

"Especially ADD or ADHD ones," I add. "Even if they didn't read the paper thing they'd know. What with the level of fidgeting I was doing. Drumming my fingers, digging through my bag. The works."

I freeze when I realise the car is stopped. We're about to start the intro.