Chapter 3: Speech Help

I look at them and hunch over sad.

N gives a small frown and puts his arms down.

"Alright, so speech is... Clearly a problem." Uzi says with a sigh. "Guess we'll just have to read what you're saying."

"Or we could help her with speaking!" N says excitedly, clapping his hands.

I look at him and smile.

Uzi and V look over at him and think for a moment.

"That's not a bad idea, but how would we do that?" Uzi asks, turning to N.

"We could have her repeat phrases until she knows how to?" N says, shrugging, not knowing if that idea would work. "It may be repetitive, but it's worth a shot!"

"That might work..." Uzi says, turning to me. "Hey S, try and say something without stuttering."

I stiffen up a bit at the sudden attention towards me. "Ah-..." I manage to get out, but nothing else. At least I didn't stutter this time.

It's a start.

V starts slowly clapping. "Wow. That was... Eventful." She says sarcastically.

"Hey! It's a start! At least she got a full sound out! When we first met her, she was only able to get half of a sound out! And she didn't stutter this time!" N says defensively.

I take a deep breath and try again. But the result stays the same. I give up and start to sob a bit, surprising everyone.

N starts panicking and tries to find ways to calm me down, which ends up working and stops me from sobbing, but still leaves me feeling a little down.

I hug N tightly and smile at his comfort, which I notice makes Uzi seem a little off.

"Are you okay, Uzi?" I ask with text, letting go of N.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." Uzi replies, it seems that she was getting lost in thought.

I get a little worried, but try not to push her and just respect her boundaries, deciding not to question her slightly downer behavior.

"Clearly going to take some work." V says with a sigh.

I chuckle nervously and hunch back down, A little embarrassed because it feels like now I'm putting work on my friends that's my problem, not theirs.

"Hey, its okay! If its that much of a problem for you to learn  and try to speak then it's fine." N reassures me, noticing my embarrassed behavior.

I smile at him. "No, no! It's fine, I want to try to speak!" I text out with great motivation and pride.

N smiles at me widely while Uzi gives a small smile and rolls her eyes.

We spent the whole night teaching me to speak, and trying to help me. It was fun, though it did get a little boring at times, especially for V, I could tell.

"*Yawn* I think we should head to bed, the sun should be rising soon. Goodnight guys." N says as he exits the pod.

"Yeah, I'm going to bed too, see you at night." V says as she joins N outside, both hanging upside down and going to sleep.

"I should probably get home. Dad will get worried if I don't." Uzi says as she goes to exit the pod, but I stop to thank her before she can.

"I just wanted to say... Thank you. For helping me. It means a lot." I text out.

"Oh, uh, it was nothing really. Happy I could help." Uzi says as she gives me a thumbs up.

I hug her and watch as she exits the landing pod and walks off into the distance until she's completely gone.

I lightly blush at her words and wrap my wires around me on the wall, making a bubble of wires around me.

I try to go to sleep, but can't seem to get Uzi out of my head. What's happening to me? Am I cursed? Did Uzi curse me?

I start internally screaming and start blushing quite a bit.

I didn't get much sleep that day. I stayed awake almost the whole day just thinking about her, I hope to see her again at night.

(Sorry for the short chapter today, I didn't know what else to put in this chapter, tell me if you have any ideas for the next one, or have any ideas you might have as just a one shot, I'd be happy to hear them.)

(698 words)