CH 7: You ain't learn shit did you?

"Aren't you gonna sit?" Pops asks while taking the lid off his breakfast plate.

My ass hurts badly because of Elio. The sex was far from gentle; he fucked like some rabbit in heat and I had to grit my teeth in bear with it and the nigga kissed me passionately afterward—just thinking about it makes the palms of my hands sweat and I wipe them on my jeans.

"Nah, ain't staying long. I just came to check on you."

"You ain't gotta check on me Everest, I'm fine." he smiled. "But how are you? How was Yemaya's funeral?"

"Sad?" I gave a nervous smile.

"How her momma and daddy holding up?" He eats a fork of scrambled eggs that looks unseasoned.

I shrugged. "Okay, I guess? I mean they just buried their only child."

I was thinking of going by checking on them, maybe taking some food, but I'm sure their friends and family brought them tons of food they probably wouldn't eat.

"Give them my condolences next time you see'em," he said.

I stepped out of my pops room to go to a vending machine to get a cold drink. A Nurse passed by me smiling just being friendly asking me how I was doing. And I don't know why this lump suddenly formed in my throat and I choked back the unwanted emotion of grief. Doing fine. That was what I could say — but I felt like a hurricane was inside me.

Pops was already knocked out when I came back. I tried to sit down in the chair by his bedside. I shift a little to get comfortable. The room door opened and at first, I thought it was a nurse. Then it closed and opened again, so I turned around in the chair.

"Mr. Jensen?" Mikhail was confused when he saw me and I was confused, too.

"Hey, What's up?" I laughed. "Small ass world."

"Wrong room, I see." He looks down at a paper he's holding. "Help?"

We went to the nurses' station to get some help. The room he was looking for was back on the second floor. This was the sixth floor. Mike asked me if I would walk with him, so I did. He looks sharp today in his long black overcoat. We talked a little; he asked how my hand was, and I showed him.

"It healed up pretty good," I said.

Mike grazed the palm of my hand with his fingertips. "Very nice."

We get to the room and stand outside for a bit. "Work today?"

"Nah."

Elio told me he wouldn't call me today to give me a chance to rest up after the sex. I didn't take him to be the aftercare type of person after sex, cleaning me up, making me drink water, making sure I was okay (which I fucking wasn't).

"Lunch?" Mike asked. "Me and you?"

Some nurses walk by us gawking at Mike, he smiles at them, making them giggle. He turns his attention back to me.

I was hungry as fuck.

"If you let me pick the place, then yeah." I shrugged.

Mike smiles at me. "Just give me a second." He opens the room door and goes in. I could hear a man ask why he was here in a terrified voice before screaming for a nurse. I leaned against the wall and my phone buzzed with a text.

Elio: How are you doing this afternoon, Mr. Jesnen? Do you want me to order you something to eat?

I ignored his text. Mike comes out of the room, slipping off a pair of black leather gloves he wasn't wearing before.

"Any place in mind you want to eat?"

"Wingstop," I said. 

"Is this Wingstop, very good?"