2

"why can't you just get out the apartment for a few hours?" Delilah asked her friend, not in a mean way. "Because I don't want to" jaelynn replies sassily, giving her a look. "Please jae, it's only 2 hours" Delilah begged her, giving her puppy eyes. "You can go over to your boyfriend's house" she suggested to jaelynn. "He's not in town" jaelynn says, standing up next to Delilah.

"It's just a boy, you met him yesterday, why is this such a big thing?" Jaelynn asked her her nervous. "He's not just a boy jae. He is a sweet soul and he is so handsome, and he has the prettiest eye-" she got cut off by the sound of her doorbell ringing. "Oh, that must be him" she said, running towards the door.

She looks through the door hole of the door, and sees him. She gets really nervous at first, but then thinks to herself, "why am I so nervous, I just met him last night?" She thought to herself. She finally opened the door, and saw a huge smile on his face. "Hi Lila" he greeted her first, still smiling. "Hi Matt" she greeted back, motioning him to come inside.

"Woah, I really like it in here" he said, making her turn her head around. "It's really not that cool Matt" she said, not in a rude way. "What? It's so nice in here" he says happily. She doesn't say anything, but she just smiles. "Will you get your ass over here and into my room" she says jokingly, making him laugh a little.

"Okay okay" he throws his hands up in defense. He finally gets in her room and shuts the door. "You know, it's kinda crazy that we met last night and we are already really close" he said, making her smile bigger. "Well there is only so much that can happen in 24 hours" she tells him, grabbing her camera.

"Let's stop getting distracted and let's do what you really came over here for" he said, making her laugh. She hands him the camera and tells her to use it properly. "So you want to make sure that when it dies, have batteries to replace them with new ones, always have batteries" he explains to her. Oh, she listened, but got distracted by Matt's eyes.

Her room had little sunlight, and it just so happened that Matt was sitting right where the sunlight was hitting the bed, which that made his eyes sparkle. "Hey, you okay?" He lightly tapped her shoulder to snap her back to reality. "Yeah, I'm okay, keep talking" she said, letting him know she's okay.

"And if you want to adjust the focus on the camera, look into the viewfinder and twist the focus ring so it's just where you want it to be" he explains once again, this time she actually listens. "Got it?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I got it?" She replies, smiling at him. "I'm hungry, wanna get something to eat?" She asked, making sure he agrees. "I don't mind, let's go get something" he agrees, getting up from her bed.

They both put their shoes back on and headed out the door. "Let's go in my car" she suggests, making Matt turn his head towards her. "What? No, let's take my car" he tries changing her mind, it doesn't work. "Uh, no your a guest, we are taking my car" she said, dragging him towards her.

"Ugh fine" he finally gives in. They both get in her car and buckle their seatbelts. "You can connect your phone to aux if you want" she tells him. "Really?" He says, acting like he wasn't excited to play a song. "yeah, go for it" she laughs a little by the excited expression on his face.

"Yay!" He whispers to himself. He grabs out his phone and connects it to aux. The first song he wants to play is "bags" by clario. When Delilah heard the first five seconds of the song, she knew what he was playing.

"Oh my God, I love this song so much" she said excitingly, a big smile spreading across her face. Matt feels butterflies forming in his stomach, his face turning a light pink. Just seeing her happy makes him happy, he's only known her for one day and he already has feelings for her.

They jam out to the song, singing every lyric. "Pour your glass of wine, Mitchell told me I should be just fine" they both sing in unison. They got so lost in the song they didn't know they were at McDonald's. "Oh, we're here" she interrupted them singing.

"What do you want?" She asked him. "Um, can I get a large fry and a rootbeer?" He said, making it sound more like a question. "Yeah sure" she smiled lightly at him. She ordered the food and waited at the window for it. "Let me pay for it" he says, making her head snap towards him. "Uh no" she responded quickly.

"I am, I don't care" he said, making her mad. "Matt, stop let me pa-" before she can ever finish her sentence, he handed the person his card. They got their food and Delilah was ready to scold him out. "Matt, what the fuck? I should've payed, not you" she said in a slightly angry tone. "Well sorry princess, just wanted to be a gentleman"  he said sassily, making her eyes roll.

Time went by, making their hangout feel so much shorter. "Oh, I got to get home" he interrupted their conversation. "Oh okay" she replied, sad that he has to leave.

The car ride back to her place fell into a comfortable silence, music playing faintly in the background. Once she pulled up to her house, she parked the car and they both got out of the car. "Well, it was nice seeing you again" she said, tears slowly aligned on her eyelids.

She didn't know when she would see him again, that's what made her sad. "It was nice seeing you too. I don't know when I will see you again, but I hope it's soon" he replied, giving her a side hug. "Okay, bye Matt" she said, making her voice choke up a little.

Surprisingly, he didn't notice it. "Bye Dede" he says, walking away from the sad girl. She gave him a small smile before he got into his car. He gave her a wave goodbye and she did the same.

The real question was, is she willing to lose him so soon?

Chap 2 done ✅

XOXO OLIVIA 💋