5

The group was in the van and sat in a comfortable silence. The calming music playing in the background. Delilah was looking out the window, enjoying the scenery around her. Boston was her safe place, Boston brought happiness to her when she got sad, and it brought her joy.

Everyone in the car was worried for Delilah because she was so quiet the whole way to get frozen yogurt. "Lila are you okay?" Jaelynn asked her, rubbing her back gently. "I'm fine. Just looking at the beautiful scenery" she answers, not taking her eyes off of the things around her.

Everyone let her be for the rest of the car ride, when they got their, Delilah was broken out of her thoughts. "Dede, we're here" Matt said, opening the car door for her. "Oh okay" she sighed, walking out of the car. The group walked to the door of the frozen yogurt place, and all of them ran over to the ice cream flavors while Delilah and Matt slowly followed behind them.

"Why did your mom love this place so much?" Matt asked. "Well, she went here as a little girl so she took me here all the time when I was a little girl" she answered, Matt giving her a sweet smile. "C'mon you slow pokes!" Chris slightly yelled, Delilah and Matt looking at each other and rolling their eyes.

"I'm gonna get vanilla and add a bunch of sweets on top" she tells Matt, him giving her a weird look. "Eww, you are getting all the nasty shit on there" he said. "Hey, it's good" she defended as she put the candy on her ice cream. "Who's paying?" She asked, knowing she is not doing that. "Your not, I will" he answer.

"Guys c'mon let's pay" Chris impatiently waited for Delilah and Matt. Matt payed and they all sat down at a table. "So, Delilah, what was your mom like?" Nick asked, trying not to make her sad. "well, she was the sweetest person in the whole world. She had the kindest heart and was such a welcoming person" she stopped mid-sentence to hold back tears.

"She loved everybody, including jaelynn. Jaelynn was the first person out of all my friends to meet my mom. My mom instantly loved her and said that she was like another daughter to her. She would've loved the three of you, like love you guys" she said, making the triplets smile at the last sentence. "Well, we would've loved her too" Matt said, rubbing Delilah's shoulder.

"Let's talk about something happy, not sad" jaelynn switched the topic, trying not to make Delilah feel bad. "Oh, I have a question" Chris says, making everyone's heads turn towards him. "what is it?' jaelynn asked. "How did you and Delilah meet?" He asked jaelynn, trying not to blush just by looking at her.

"Me and Delilah met on the first day of 1st grade. We both were new to the school and didn't have any friends. The teacher had us sit next to each other and we immediately became friends because we shared the same interests and made the funniest jokes to each other when they weren't that funny, and ever since that day we have had the same classes and went to the same schools together, we basically grew up together" jaelynn explained, smiling at her best friend.

Chris payed attention to every word she was saying, Delilah couldn't help but smile at Chris because he was falling in love with her best friend. They all finished their ice cream and threw it away. "Chris come here" Delilah pulled him aside. "What is it?" He asked, knowing what she is going to ask.

"So I know you just me jae today, but do you already love her?" She asked, curious to know his answer. "I don't know, maybe?" He said, feeling pressured. "hey don't freak out, I'll help you through this to know if you love her or not" she reassured him, patting him on the shoulder and catching up with everybody.

"What should we do now?" Nick asked the group that was standing outside of the van. "I think me and Delilah should go over to our house and we'll go in my car and we will go home" jaelynn suggested, looking at her friend for approval. "Yeah I think that's a good idea" Delilah agreed.