Chapter Fifteen: War Of The Mind

Drawz P.O.V.

Who knew that splitting your characters into two different beings would cause you to split as well!

No... seriously.

After the first Crystal Call, Cosmic climbed the mountain and built his own house (with the help of some of the Steves). Sabre moved up along with him but sat down on a tree stump and refused to move. Cosmic kept an eye on him during that time. Before the second call happened, however, I found myself locked in my mind for a day or two.

There, I met two beings...

Reincarnation Sabre and Held By Darkness Sabre.

It took a bit, but I was able to get them under control. Both freaked out when they realized that they couldn't physically move around.

The thing was... they acted differently than how I wrote them.

R! Sabre kept fighting with HBD!Sabre about how to help the Steves. When I was invited to a city meeting on how to expand the village since it was growing, the two's conversation went as follows:

"How about we build a meeting hall next to the fields? We could use the extra space to keep the new Steves together as we make a new housing district," Overseer suggested.

"Why not kill off the new steves and keep the population low?" grumbled HBD!Sabre in my mind. "There's already too many Steves to begin with."

"This world doesn't have that many Steves, Dark," R!Sabre growled. "If we don't increase the population, then they won't survive."

R!Sabre started calling HBD! Sabre Dark since he sided with the darkness. HBD! Sabre had a nickname for R!Sabre as well... though it wasn't as... nice.

"Well good!" Dark snapped back. "If you ask me, all Steves unaffected by the darkness should die."

"Dark..." R! Sabre's voice warned.

"What is it, old man?"

"It's Grandpa or Gramps to you, Dark," R! Sabre sighed, then continued. "Anyways, we can't directly influence the Creator's decision very much. We are basically like Shadow was to me."

"Speaking of the creator... you might want to answer them, Drawz," Dark said, making me focus back on the meeting. Everyone was looking at me with a worried expression. "They noticed that you were zoning out."

"Sorry, what was that?" I ask, slightly embarrassed.

"Are you okay?" Time asked. "You looked like you had a headache for a moment."

"O-oh... just trying to come up with ideas. Speaking of which, I think that maybe we should build a wall in case we ever get attacked from the outside."

"That sounds like a good plan!" Blue Steve smiled. "Since we still have a couple of enemies roaming around, it could help us keep the village safe."

"Besides, who in our little village would attack us?" Rainbow Steve piped up. "Everyone here is a friend."

"I would," Dark muttered in my head. "What a bunch of fools."

—--------------------------------------------------------------------—

Only a few weeks after that discussion, Origin Sabre attacked the Steve village. When I woke up and looked out the window of my house, I saw the Steves fighting the man.

"Go Origin ME!" Dark yelled in my head. "Take those Steves down!"

"Shut up, Dark!" R!Sabre shouted back. He then spoke to me. "We should help them, creator. They need our help."