Prolog

This is the second year for Shahzad Hakan as king, reigning over the kingdom of Aetherion across twenty-four regions.

He held a grand birthday feast for his thirty-seventh birthday, inviting kings from other kingdoms, nobles, and dignitaries from his own kingdom.

The atmosphere was merry; King Hakan mingled with other kings from different realms with laughter filling the air. Many of them indulged in drinking, feasting, and dancing.

However, something seemed amiss to the eyes of other kings - notably, King Hakan was not accompanied by a queen by his side.

"Your Majesty, it's rather unusual for you not to be accompanied by a queen," whispered one nobleman sitting beside him.

"Don't worry, I'll introduce her to the guests later," King Hakan replied in a hushed tone.

The king halted his conversation, stood up from his chair, and summoned the two guards nearby. Promptly, the two guards briskly walked towards the king.

"Tell the queen she has half an hour to appear before the guests!" commanded the king to the two men as they turned around to head to the queen's chamber.

Upon reaching the queen's chamber, they knocked on the door and were greeted by one of her handmaidens. They saw the queen along with her attendants admiring beautiful jewelry.

"Your Majesty Queen Zadra, the king wants you to get ready in thirty minutes because you will appear before the guests," one of the guards announced upon the king's command.

Queen Zadra, also known as Queen Zadra Leyla, nodded upon hearing the guard's words.

"Don't worry, thirty minutes is easy. Get back to work," she said again with a hearty laugh while dismissing the guards back to the party.

Queen Zadra resumed preparing her attire, jewelry, crown, and her handmaidens' assistance.

"Look at this, it's perfect, hahaha!" exclaimed the queen while showing a gold-embellished face covering to her handmaidens.

"Isn't it beautiful?" she added with a yawn due to fatigue from laughing.

Thirty minutes passed after dressing up, and now the queen had to be called out to present herself before the guests.

"Welcome the queen of Aetherion, Queen Zadra Leyla!" announced the kingdom's herald in front of all the guests and in front of King Hakan, who was already seated on his throne.

The queen then stepped out, escorted by two handmaidens while holding the queen's arm, they walked towards the king's throne. The queen wore a gold-laced gown, luxurious earrings, numerous bracelets and necklaces, and the gold-embellished face covering.

However, halfway through the journey, many noble wives envied the queen's luxurious jewelry.

Ignoring the commotion, the queen continued to walk until she reached the king's side.

The king was mesmerized by the queen's lavish jewelry. "My eyes never stray from your magnificence," the king smiled.

The queen was very indifferent to the remark, feeling embarrassed in front of the guests.

The king was surprised and puzzled. "What's wrong, my queen? Why do you look ashamed today?"

Once again, the queen, whose face was covered with the gold-embellished face covering, did not utter a word, which made the king's heart burn with anger.

Suddenly, one of the noble men shouted, "Your Majesty, unveil her face so we can see her beauty and grace." Followed by the chaos of the people waiting too long.