Chapter 3: Mystical Quest

Both of them screamed as the sound of a wolf running fast towards them. Mayya and Lyra ran after seeing the presence of the animal.

"Keep running," Lyra shouted loudly as she ran, followed by Mayya behind her.

Lyra ran straight, but because Mayya was not focusing on Lyra, she lost track of her. Mayya chose to run and hide behind a large rock alone.

The wolf crept along, following the girls' tracks while sniffing the ground.

Mayya kept peeking, until suddenly the wolf spotted Mayya. The wolf began to advance towards her.

Mayya remained silent, without hesitation she took out a slingshot from her bag. She also grabbed a large rock under her feet, aimed it at the wolf's head, and shot it.

The wolf's head was injured, feeling pain, the wolf ran away in a hurry.

"Success!" she exclaimed happily. She then came out of her hiding place and started looking for Lyra.

"Lyra! Lyra! Where are you!?" Mayya shouted as she walked inside the brightly lit green cave.

After calling her friend several times, there was no response from her.

Mayya fell silent for a moment after hearing a strange sound for the second time inside the cave. The sudden silence made Mayya feel anxious again.

"Again? What is that? What is it?" Mayya asked herself softly, trying not to make too much noise as she walked cautiously.

Mayya looked around, trying to understand the origin of the sound.

"But it seems like there's something here. I should be careful," she murmured softly.

With cautious steps, Mayya continued exploring the cave filled with sparkling green emerald stones while searching for Lyra.

However, the sound of footsteps continued, making Mayya even more alert. She walked with a slingshot and a rock in both hands.

Suddenly, around a dark corner of the cave, a blurry figure appeared. Mayya drew closer, preparing to face whatever would emerge.

"Hey, who's there?" The girl finally dared to ask, but the shadow remained hidden in the darkness.

Suddenly, the previously dark cave room began to brighten. The source of light came from a larger room inside the cave, adorned with various brightly sparkling green emerald stones. She stepped forward.

Mayya finally reached the room and was amazed at the stunning view. In the middle of the cave, there was a mini waterfall reflecting light, creating an all-encompassing shimmer.

"Wow.. it's so beautiful. Lyra must see this," she exclaimed in awe.

However, her admiration was interrupted when the shadow behind the dark corner finally appeared again. It turned out to be an old woman. An old woman who seemed to be the guardian of this cave's beauty.

"Are you the brave explorers who dared to enter this cave?" The old woman's gentle voice was heard.

Mayya looked at her in surprise. "Y-yes, who are you?"

The old woman answered softly, "Yes, let me introduce myself. I am Elowen, the guardian of the beauty of this cave. If anyone dares to enter, wolves will chase them."

Mayya remembered, "We were just chased by a wolf earlier."

"It's okay, you managed to drive it away, which means you are brave explorers. I believe you are good people, what is your purpose for coming here?"