Chapter 9: Goodbye Home

Switching to Mayya and Lyra, the two girls chose to return home rather than face the evil people who kidnapped Lara and Zena.

"What should we do to help them?" Mayya asked Lyra in front of Lyra's house after their return.

"Can we just forget about them? They'll be fine there. Our only goal is to go to the Chuza village tomorrow," Lyra replied with a slightly angry expression.

"True," Mayya replied, her head bowed.

"Alright, let's go home and pack. Tomorrow, we start a new adventure!!" Lyra exclaimed happily.

"Yay." Mayya also replied happily, and they stood up, jumping and hugging each other.

After that moment, Mayya returned home.

Mayya went back to her room to pack her backpack with some items she needed. She grabbed her favorite slingshot, looking at it sadly before moving it to her backpack. "Will I be able to survive with this?" tears fell from her eyes.

She put it into the backpack, along with some stones. She felt like she had packed everything she needed when she noticed a shining light behind her shoulder bag.

She was confused about what was behind the light. When Mayya approached it, the light faded. It turned out to be coming from the jewelry she got from the old lady in the magical cave.

Mayya took some of the jewelry and looked at it. "What will happen to me!?" she asked herself with a sad face.

As she continued to stare at the jewelry, her mother, Eldoria, came behind her. The woman approached Mayya. "What is that, dear?"

"I don't know, Mother. The old lady in the magical cave said it's an object that shows my future," Mayya replied, looking at her mother.

Her mother was confused and thought, "will she become a queen?"

"Let it be, take what is good that will bring you so you know what the meaning of the jewelry is," Eldoria added.

Her mother shed tears, hugging her daughter tightly because it was the last day before her departure. "Thank you, Mother, I will come back," Mayya said within her embrace.

Her mother now helped Mayya pack some items into her backpack. Her father, Hikam, also came to hug his family members, enjoying the moment before Mayya's departure.

---

Today is the day of Mayya and Lyra's departure. Mayya and Lyra left home, their parents following them to the harbor.

Mayya and Lyra bought tickets and boarded the ship. From above, they saw their families waving as the ship sailed away. The four of them also waved and shed tears.

The ship now sailed, and while sailing, Mayya and Lyra enjoyed the view. They looked at their village from the sea, gazed at the sky, and pointed out beautiful islands around.

"I'm hungry, Mayya," Lyra said when her stomach growled.

"Let's eat," Mayya and Lyra opened their backpacks to take out their food supplies. Mayya grabbed bread, and so did Lyra. They ate together.

"This food makes me sleepy, let's sleep underneath," Lyra said. They went downstairs to find a place to sleep on the ship.

After finding it, they went straight to sleep there.

However, a few hours later, the ship shook violently, waking Mayya and Lyra up. "What's going on?"

They both stood up and went outside to see the situation. They found themselves at an empty island port. The ship they were on had just been attacked by a pirate ship.

Mayya and Lyra panicked, "why are they taking so many people captive?" Mayya asked confusedly.

As they were discussing, there was a shout from outside the room where they slept.

"Who's inside? Come out!" shouted a man from outside.

Hearing that, Mayya and Lyra quickly stopped spying and hid under the bed where they slept.

They entered the room to check the people. "Looks like there's no one here," the man said to his friend after checking the room.

They left from there, "is it safe now?" Lyra asked.

"Shttt...." Mayya covered Lyra's mouth.

"Don't make noise, they'll come back if they hear a sound," Mayya replied again.

A few minutes later, they finally chose to come out of their hiding place.

"Let's go out, I feel suffocated here," Mayya complained. Lyra agreed, and they came out of there.

When they were standing, there were footsteps again, as if someone wanted to enter their room.

"Who's inside!!" a man shouted angrily from outside.

Mayya and Lyra panicked, they returned to hiding under the bed.

"Darn, they're coming again," Mayya muttered softly. Then a man entered alone and walked around checking the room where the two girls slept.

When he saw that the man's feet were starting to enter the bathroom of the room, Lyra quickly got out of her hiding place and ran to lock the man out.

"Who's there! Open up! Damn it!" the man shouted from inside the bathroom.

"Let's go out, Mayya, it's dangerous." Mayya also came out of there.

Lyra grabbed Mayya's hand to escape from the room. They ran down the ship's corridor.

As they were running, they heard sounds as if several people were coming to the corridor. It turned out to be true, the people came, making the two girls hide behind another door in the corridor.

"What are we going to do, Mayya? Look, they're walking slowly and will see us," Lyra whispered softly as they both hid behind the wall.

Mayya thought hard, and finally, she had an idea. She took out the slingshot she had moved to her pocket a few hours ago, she took a stone too and aimed it at the door of the room they had just passed.

When the stone slipped, it hit the door, causing a sound.

"It seems like there's someone in there, let's capture them!" one of the men who heard the sound said. Finally, they ran towards the room without seeing Mayya and Lyra in the right aisle they had just passed.

When they saw that the men had entered their room, the two girls ran in the opposite direction to get out of the room.

"Keep running, Lyra!" Mayya said as they ran.

But when they exited the corridor, they saw a crowd outside the room, in the spacious area of the ship.

"It's still crowded, Mayya, they only took certain people captive," Lyra said.

"But why are they looking for us, Lyra?"

"I don't know," Mayya replied, confused.

While they were talking, the people they had deceived came. They saw Mayya and Lyra from inside the corridor. "That's them, catch them!"

Hearing the shout, Mayya and Lyra ran and chose to hide in the crowd where people watched who was taken captive by the pirates.

"Phew, luckily we're safe here," Lyra said, breathing heavily, as did Mayya, in the midst of the crowd.