Chapter 10: Pirate Ship

In the crowd on the ship, Mayya and Lyra felt crowded, but they kept walking forward to see what was happening below.

Finally, because they saw a quiet spot with no one standing there, they both stepped towards it.

When they arrived, they were still curious if anyone was still being held captive by the pirates.

"We're trapped here, Mayya, they've taken many people captive."

"Hm.." Mayya just nodded because she didn't know what they should do.

However, their conversation was interrupted. "Look!" Lyra pointed to the prisoners being brought by several thugs in the middle of the connecting bridge.

Lost in thought, Mayya looked at what Lyra was pointing to, "wait, isn't that Lara and Zena?"

"Yes! What should we do, Mayya? We have to help them because they already have helped us before, you remember in barn?!" Lyra replied, but she was panicking and anxious.

Meanwhile, "let me go!" Lara demanded as she struggled, her hands writhing from being held by one thug behind her, and Zena was the same next to Lara.

"Quiet, you're on vacation, right?" the man snapped.

"No, let us go!" now it was Zena rebelling.

Back to Mayya and Lyra, Mayya began to think hard to stop the man's actions, but the only way she could rely on was her slingshot.

She lifted her slingshot and a stone she took from her bag, this was the only way she could think of.

The slingshot girl aimed her slingshot at the man, she released it and boom... The stone hit his head, he held his head in pain until he became weak while holding Lara and Zena.

"Let's help them!" Mayya exclaimed, Lyra just nodded. They both ran towards them to rescue them.

Meanwhile, when the man was still weak, Lara hit him using her elbow on his face from behind. The man felt more pain, Lara and Zena then released themselves from his grip and ran in the opposite direction of the bridge.

However, when they reached the end of the connecting bridge, suddenly two more people blocked them, none other than Jack and Hadad.

They restrained Lara and Zena again, the two men taking them back towards the pirate ship.

"I'll take them, you go to the boss!" Hadad ordered, Jack finally followed what he was instructed to do. Now it was only Hadad who was taking these two girls.

In the middle of the road, Zena turned her head. She was surprised to see that behind them was Lyra, who was also being held captive.

"Look, Lara, behind us, Lyra is also being held!"

Lara turned her head too, and indeed it was true that Lyra was also held by the man in armor from head to toe.

They arrived at the pirate ship. When Hadad continued to take them, he looked towards the big ship because just now Jack called him from afar.

"Hadad, the boss is calling!" Jack shouted from the big ship.

Due to the urgent situation, Hadad finally stopped and talked to the man in armor. "Please take them in!" he ordered, the man in armor just nodded.

The mysterious man held these three girls, while walking Lara asked Lyra something. "Why are you here?"

Lyra replied, "we boarded the ship to go to the Chuza village, but somehow they captured me."

Zena tried to rebel against the man, "let us go!"

Lyra calmed Zena down, "just let it go, Zena, see many of them are watching us. It's useless to rebel, we'll still be captured."

The man in armor followed some other thugs who were in front. They took the captives into rooms like prison rooms.

One thug showed where the man in armor would take the captive girls. When shown, the thug left them to deal with them alone in that room.

The legs of the thug then disappeared from their sight, which made the man in armor release their hands.

"Let us go, you bastard!" Lara was about to hit his cheek, but her blow was quickly blocked by the man. Lara was just confused, her body stiff.

The man took off his armor helmet while holding Lara's hand, and yes, behind the armor there was Mayya.

Lara and Zena were shocked to see that it was Mayya, "Mayya, how can you be here?" Lara asked with a confused face, just like Zena who was frozen.

"So all this time!?" Zena opened her mouth.

"No need to ask too much, let's get out of here," Mayya replied, ignoring her question, and Lyra quickly walked to close the door of the room because they chose to go through the window of that room.

Lyra returned to them, and she went to the ship's window. "Let's go!" Lyra exclaimed after successfully opening the window.

The three of them followed Lyra, they also went out through the window to escape from this pirate ship.

"What should we do?" Zena asked because it seemed there was no other way.

Lyra realized and pointed to one of the small boats nearby. "There's a boat, what if we escape using this?"

Mayya hesitated with Lyra's idea, but they had no choice but to agree and then lift the small boat together to throw it into the sea.

After succeeding, Lyra got on first followed by her three friends. "Come on, hurry!" said Lyra with a hand gesture for them to quickly get on the boat.

After they all got on, "everyone get ready!" Mayya exclaimed as she held the boat's oar, as did the others.

"Let's row!" exclaimed Lyra, the four girls rowed together so that the boat felt faster leaving the pirate ship.

But when they were still visible within the reach of the ship, suddenly there was one man who was walking towards the path to where he had put the boat earlier.

"Trouble, he'll see us and report it, and we'll be captured again!" Lara panicked.

Hearing that, Mayya quickly used her usual method, she lifted her slingshot and her stone to aim at the window.

When she shot it at the frame, the window made a sound but the glass did not break. The sound made the man go back into the room to check the source of the sound.

While the man didn't see them because he was checking the source of the sound from the window, they accelerated their rowing. "Come on, faster!" Lyra encouraged.

Finally, fog covered the view of the pirate ship, and they chose not to return to that dangerous big ship because they would be searched for there.

On the boat, they were all relieved and proud of what they had just done. "We're safe! Thank goodness!" Zena said emotionally.

"You're amazing, Mayya!" praised Lyra.

Mayya smiled but she was breathing heavily from exhaustion. "You're amazing too! Now we just have to survive on this sea with nothing."

They looked at each other on the boat, discussing their next steps.