Chapter 7: Brave

In a dilapidated barn once used for farming, Mayya and Lyra were kidnapped and locked up.

"We can sell them to pirates!" The three men were discussing the sale of humans to pirates.

Lara and Zena overheard, shocked. "What should we do?"

"Just wait," Lara replied.

The unfamiliar man, likely their boss, eventually left, leaving the two men to guard Mayya and Lyra.

"Watch over the girls, I'll be back in a moment."

As he walked away, he didn't notice Lara and Zena hiding behind a large barrel near the straw.

They peeked out again. The two men were still talking.

"Hey, Mayya, look, it's Lara and Zena. Why are they here?" said Lyra after saw them.

"Yeah. Could they be helping us?"

"I think so," Lyra replied.

Back to the two eavesdropping dancer girls. "What should we do, Lara?" Zena asked, confused.

Lara spotted a glass bottle nearby and quickly grabbed it.

"What are you doing, Lara?"

"You'll see."

Lara placed the bottle on the barrel while the two men weren't looking. Unsure if she could break it, she signaled Mayya.

She gestured to Mayya, mimicking a slingshot, and pointed to the glass bottle farther away.

"What does she mean?" Lyra asked, puzzled.

"She wants us to distract them by shooting at that glass bottle," Mayya checked her bag, relieved she had her slingshot and stones with her.

Waiting for the right moment, when one guard began to doze off and the other looked away, Mayya took aim at the bottle.

She released her shot, and the bottle shattered. The guard who was still alert stood up and walked towards the sound.

As he left, Lara and Zena quietly approached the cage door.

"Oh no, it's locked!" Lara panicked.

Zena, also panicked, but then noticed the key in the pocket of the sleeping guard. She tiptoed towards him.

She slowly took the key and returned to unlock the cage door. Mayya and Lyra cautiously stepped out while the other guard was still distracted by the broken bottle.

But as they started to escape, Lyra paused, seeing the guard.

Mayya sensed something amiss and turned her head. "What are you doing, Lyra? Let's go."

Their footsteps grew louder, catching the attention of the guard who checked on them.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" he said, walking towards them.

Ignoring his words, Lyra stood up and began to push the guard walking towards them. Her push was so strong that he fell to the ground.

After that action, Lyra shouted, "Run!"

"They're loose!" the fallen guard yelled, still on the ground. He got up and also ran to wake up the sleeping guard. "Wake up, they're escaping, they're running!"

With the farm so vast, the four girls stopped running and began hiding behind the straw.

"Darn it, they're gone," the guard said, frustrated, walking around.

"What do we do!?" Lara asked.

Mayya thought of something and peeked her head up again. She spotted a large bell near the cow pen in the farm.

Mayya grabbed a stone and focused her slingshot on the bell.

In an instant, she released her shot, and the bell rang loudly, making the two guards believe the girls were still there.

"They're over there!"

"Chase them!" Both guards chased after the sound coming from the bell.

Once they were far enough, the four girls stood up and began running in the opposite direction. They escaped from the farm by running.

The four girls ran fast towards the farm's gate, but they were surprised to see it locked with a padlock.

"What do we do?" Lyra asked, looking around.

That question made Lara notice a large empty barrel near the wall that they could climb to get out of the farm.

"We can climb up there and get over the wall."

Everyone agreed with Lara's plan. The four girls walked towards the barrel.

Lara and Zena successfully climbed the wall. Now it was Lyra's turn.

As Lyra climbed the barrel, she noticed the two guards running out.

"There they are! Catch them!" one of the guards shouted.

Lyra shouted, pointing to Mayya who hadn't climbed the barrel at all.

The two guards continued to run fast. Unfortunately, one of the guards stumbled due to a large rock in front of him, but the other guard continued to chase.

"Quick, Mayya!" Lyra shouted after she had stood on the wall.

Mayya ignored Lyra's words, swiftly lifting her slingshot and the stone she had prepared.

With the speed of the wind, Mayya pulled the slingshot and hit the running guard's neck.

His neck injured, he stumbled, stopping his chase. Mayya, seeing him stop, quickly climbed the barrel.

"Come on, Mayya!" Lyra reached out her hand to Mayya.

When Mayya was on the barrel, the guard who stumbled because of the rock stood up and walked quickly with a limp towards Mayya. "Watch out, you two!"

"Hurry, Mayya!" Lyra pulled Mayya's hand, and Mayya climbed the wall, both of them jumping out of the farm.

"Are you okay?" Zena asked, seeing their condition.

"Yeah, we're okay. Let's keep running!" Lyra said. Mayya and Lyra stood up, and the four girls kept running.

"Watch out!" the guard shouted from behind the locked gate, seeing them running.

---

"Phew." Lyra sighed, stopping in the middle of the road, feeling tired from running.

"What's wrong, Lyra?" Mayya asked.

"Look! It seems they're not chasing us anymore," Lara said after looking back.

"That's good."

"What do we do now? Look, we're in this rundown village," Zena asked.

"Yeah, there's no one here at all," Lyra continued after looking around, noticing many uninhabited houses.

"Hello!" Mayya shouted, causing an echo.

"No one here at all," Zena said as the four girls walked forward.

As they walked forward, they accidentally saw a large, relatively well-maintained house compared to the ones they had seen before.

"Look! That house looks nice. How about we pay a visit?" Lara suggested.

"Good idea, I've been hungry for a while now," Zena replied.

The four girls walked towards the house.