Changes

Minho set his arm over Jisung's, lacing their fingers together and squeezing his hand. "Easy there, Jisung."

Jisung was fidgeting in the hospital chair, leg bouncing, hands squirming. He squeezed Minho's hand in return, probably a little too hard. "It's hard to stay calm when I have no idea what's going on back there."

"I know, but I'm sure Beth will be fine."

Jisung checked the time again. "It's been over an hour since they took her back, what's taking so long?"

"These things take time, okay? If we had anything to worry about, I'm sure we would have heard something by now."

Jisung made himself nod, knowing that Minho was right and that he needed to calm down. But it was difficult considering what happened the last time he was in this hospital. "Minho, the last time I was here..."

"I know," Minho whispered, pulling their hands up to rest against his chest. His comforting scent surrounded them slowly, and Jisung felt his racing heart slow down a little. He closed his eyes, dropping his head to rest on the alpha's shoulder. He wasn't sure what he would do if Minho wasn't here, if he was alone to deal with this. He chose not to think about it.

Another hour nearly passed by the time Minho and Jisung were permitted to visit Beth in the room she was assigned for the next day or so to keep an eye on her. Jisung didn't even have the mind to ask the nurses what was wrong, he just wanted to talk to Beth.

Relief was heavy in his arms when he saw her sitting up and very alert on her hospital bed, and he rushed to give her a hug.

"How are you feeling?" Jisung asked, ignoring the fact Beth's bag that he was carrying had fallen off his shoulder and was currently hanging on the crook of his elbow.

"Oh, I'm alright for now, deary, I'm sorry for scaring you," Beth reassured, running a hand over his hair. "My heart just isn't as strong as it used to be."

Jisung pulled back, smiling a little as Minho took the bag from his arm and set it on the chair close by. "So you're really okay? It wasn't a heart attack? A stroke? What else can happen that's scary?"

Beth chuckled. "Oh, you really are a nervous little thing. I'm okay, I promise. That heart monitor should confirm what I'm saying."

Jisung let out a shaky laugh. "Okay, I know. You really know how to make me feel better even though you're the one in the hospital bed."

"We all need reassurance, it doesn't matter when. Now, sit  down, seeing you hunch over the bed like that is hurting my back."

Jisung followed Beth's motion and sank onto the stiff mattress beside her legs. Minho was already sitting in the chair off to the side and Beth sent him a smile. "Thanks for being here with us, Minho."

Minho smiled. "I promised to spend Thanksgiving with you, and I keep my promises."

Beth grinned and it was a little... cheeky. She took Jisung's hand and pulled it a little in a hint for him to come closer. When he did she murmured, "Did you two make it official?"

Warmth bloomed throughout Jisung's body and he prayed Minho didn't notice any obvious changes in his scent that would give him away. "Wh- I mean, how did- how did you know?"

She laughed quietly. "Ji, honey, you obviously left in a bit of a rush thanks to me and... you forgot to cover that up."

At that Jisung's feel out of his head he realized the mark that Minho had left near his collarbone was peeking out of the black and gray sweater he'd thrown on. He quickly yanked the back of his sweater down, in turn moving the material to cover it up. His face was on fire. "You didn't- I mean, no one was supposed to- I forgot about it-"