༄ 𝟎𝟎𝟐. team avatar

❛ AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER  ❜ ࿔*:・゚❝ I OWE YOU  ❞❪ CHAP

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER  *:・゚
I OWE YOU  ❞
CHAP. 2
🌊🌱🔥🌪️
──── ⋆◖◍◗⋆ ────
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"UH, so that's another hut... we got a lot of those — kind of our thing," Sokka made a motion with his hands getting an I see from ( Y/N ). After leaving the hut, Sokka took it upon himself to show ( Y/N ) around. As much as he found her annoying, she was stuck here and he was the leader of the tribe, after all.

Meanwhile, ( Y/N ) wasn't letting her guard down, ready for when the Fire Nation or Zuko might show up. She knew he's been on the icy waters for three years, hunting down the Avatar — this might be his next stop.

The duo headed an area surrounded by igloo like homes where there were barrels piled up and a fire lit. "And that's where we keep most of our weapons for say... in case, the Fire Nation comes back."

( Y/N ) raised an eyebrow. "Come back?"

"Uh, one night the firebenders raided the tribe..." Sokka trailed off, the memory flames surrounding everyone's homes and burning everyone before eventually snapping back to reality. "Oh — and were looking for waterbenders, they were ruthless and wouldn't stop until every waterbender was wiped out."

"Oh — I'm sorry," a sympathetic look formed on her features. When ( Y/N ) was younger her mother tried to keep her from the 'war tactics' of her father, so she never really knew much of the cruelty, but she did once her mother left.

"It's fine," Sokka shrugged. "We're never really ready until we have to be."

The two shared a look, a type of silence that ( Y/N ) nor Sokka never really felt before. It was quickly interrupted by the sound of a horn from the distance, the duo turned their heads to see a large ship — one belonging to the Fire Nation coming from the distance.

"Sokka!" From behind, they both could hear the shouting voice of Katara. She ran over to them with Aang trailing behind her. "Sokka, the Fire Nation. They're —"

"We know. We spotted them," Sokka cut her off before turning to the younger kids. "Get to your posts not!"

Some of the kids started gathering bows, arrows and stone. Katara helped Sokka tie something onto his battle uniform. "I don't understand. Why are they here? After all this time, what could they possibly want?"

"Him," the elderly woman spoke up, pointing her finger at Aang. "He's more than the last Airbender, aren't you? You are the Avatar."