Chapter 2: Punishment

††

A Few weeks ago in Heaven

Ariel's pov:

A large court, 4 corners, thousands of angels, an emperor-sized chandelier,a sea of glass floor, 9 archangels including myself, 12 phoenixs, 4 white eagles each standing at a corner of the room, 25 pegasus among the spectators at my back,a few titans; 46 in total, mystical beasts and creatures of the dark, light rays, two thrones standing tall in front the right-one slightly taller than the other, a faceless father and a selfless son-

Counting unnecessarily is an old habit of mine...very unnerving.

"Ariel Orion Morningstar. Last Archangel of the nine gems and Chief commander of the Guardians in the multiverse. You have been accused by the Thrones 2592610 million minutes ago for publicly disobeying the Lord's commandment in section 42.3 chapter 19 of the 1st book of Law this day. Do you plead guilty to this crime."

Cut off from my repetitive thoughts, I raise my head to face the aged looking angel standing on my left. He looks a lot older than I do and from his appearance you can immediately tell he is the head of the MUSWOA (Multiuniversal Security Welfare Operation Agency), Angel Ranezakiel.

With all eyes on me, I voice_

"Not guilty".

††

Presently..

Ariel's pov:

My eyes flutter open slowly, my mind trying to grasp where I'm at. I stare mindlessly at the ceiling, giving up on much thought. This is the first room I've ever been in where I can pinpoint all four corners of the roof by just lying down.

Groaning from the pain in my bandaged head, I examine the room in silence. The room is so small and archaic. Hundreds of book stand arranged into the shelves on one end of the room and a table and chair sat comfortable at the side of the bed.

Every corner of the room was simply decorated with pink lights turning on and off and a large brown teddy bear slept by my side. At my feet laid a furry cat cuddled into itself, my legs could feel its nostrils inhale in and out as its body rose and fall softly.

Even though it was a tiny room, it looked so comfortable to be in...and she, the owner of the room is–

She's sleeping peacefully, on a small sofa at the other side of the bed.

As memories of last night began to stumble back into my mind, I couldn't help but smile even though I shouldn't. I gave her a really hard time last night, she thought I was going to die and the thought scared her.

I wouldn't have died whether she helped or not, but it's nice to know that even after a century of not visiting the physical realm, some humans still have a heart.

I get up quickly and stretch. The day is young and the sun was not yet out.

What do I tell her when she wakes.

Sorry for crashing into your house, I'm Ariel, the son of God.

I snickered at the thought.

I should just run away, I thought, removing all the bandages and plasters dressing my body.

The only difference between an angel and a fallen angel is banishment. I got banished from Heaven and any other celestial body by my father which makes me a fallen one, stripped of all my titles and my wings, my precious wings.

**
I step outside still shirtless and walked down the small hallway to the door in front. I opened it and stepped into a larger room that the first one, my flitting across the gleaming surfaces of tiles and chrome.