Dibs

Dedicated to Pippatron. For being my first fan on Wattpad !! Love you forever <3

Chapter 5 - Dibs

POV: Hugh Collins

It was Saturday morning and Dad, Luke, Trent and I were heading to pick up Jules from Stella's house. We had an athletics meet at school and we always give her a lift.

Dad's daggy music was blaring out the speakers while Luke and Trent were having an arm wrestle. I looked out the window to see we were still ages away. Not before long I drifted into a daydream...

... From the moment Jules had sung out her hello to everyone I was mesmerised. She had been my crush since primary school but I never got the courage to ask her out. Jules was totally oblivious to the feelings I have for her.

Even the way she lay down on the chair made me crazy. My brothers and I were in the middle of our bomb contest when I laid eyed on the water pistols. Max, Jake and Eddie had just picked up one each and started haring around the pool.

Jules' expression was priceless. She leapt up from her chair like a startled animal. Turning around she laid eyes on the house but I was one step ahead of her. She almost ran straight into me as I was blocking her way.

"Hey Julia. How are you doing?" I smirked. I took a deep breath just as the perfect plan formed in my head. Before Jules had I moment to spare I tossed her over my shoulder. She sure did scream like a girl.

My plan was just to scare her but not to throw her in the pool. I was just starting to enjoy myself when little Jake clumsily knocked into me. She was going in but I wasn't letting go.

I felt her hug tighter to me as we hit the water together. It felt so good having her in my arms. But the bliss was short-lived when she grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me under.

"You idiot!" Jules screamed before making her way out of the pool. To my disappointment she quickly realised her top was see-through and wrapped a towel around herself.

"That was definitely a ten!" Trent remarked to Luke and I. It was at this time I realised how much I felt for Jules.

"I call dibs," I whispered.

"Shit man, sorry," Trent replied. He knew what that meant.

"About time," Luke joked. He knew about my crush for Jules...

The car horn blared and I woke up to Julia rushing out the front door of Stella's house. She was a funny sight with a sleeping bag in one hand, runners in the other and crazy morning hair.

"Hi Julia, ready for today?" my Dad piped.

"Ready as I'll ever be this time of morning Justin," she answered before slamming the car door behind her. "Hi guys, what events are you competing in today?" she said. Julia strapped her seatbelt in and we were off.

"I'm doing the 100m, 200m and long jump" Trent said.

"Same, but with triple jump instead of long," Luke added. They were both more of the sprinters, all show no go I reckon.

"You know mine." I said with a smirk. Jules and I were both distance runners and pretty much ran the 800m and 1500m every meet. We were athletics buddies, always warming up and marshalling together. Expect for the music, the car lapsed into silence for the rest of the journey.

A/N

Hello you !!

Sorry for the shortness. I decided to make the athletics meet in the next chapter...

Have you ever made a dibs on a guy or girl with your friends ?? I have.

xx JayKayGee