Hatred? Not Even Close

Y/n's POV:

If school wasn't hard enough, I had to deal with the fact that things at home were getting worse.

Johnny and I had gone home yesterday, which was the day after I met Tommy Oliver. Our parents were home and were fighting and when they saw us, our dad started throwing pots and pans and other kitchenware at us for a few minutes.

Johnny and I left with a few bruises and scrapes but we were ultimately okay. We spent that night, Thursday night, and Friday night at the Curtis'. Dally stayed with us last night out of pure boredom and he fell asleep on the couch at noon time. Knowing him, he probably didn't sleep well the night before. Johnny slept on the other couch while I slept cuddled up to Dally.

At seven o'clock that morning, I woke to the sound of sizzling bacon. I saw that Dally was on top of me, his arms were wrapped around my stomach and his head was nuzzled into the crook of my neck and he was still sound asleep. Thank god it was a weekend! I just wanted to stay in the couch forever. But then I forgot, I had to go to work at the DX with Soda and Steve.

I looked into the doorway of the kitchen and saw Darry making scrambled eggs with bacon. He noticed me looking and smiled.

"Good morning, the boys are already up," Darry said, gesturing to the dining room table. I looked over to see Two-Bit, Ponyboy, Soda, Steve and Johnny staring into the kitchen with hungry eyes. They sure looked hungry!

I smiled and looked down at Dally. He looked so much like a kid when he slept, like the way he should look all the time. I started combing my fingers through his dark brown hair and I could feel him shift on top of me. I quickly removed my hand from his hair.

"Your fingers feel nice in my hair, princess, can you keep doing it?" I heard him ask which made me smile once again. I brought my hand back into his hair and I could feel Dally's arms tighten around my waist as my fingers entangled with his chocolaty brown locks again.

Darry had given the boys their breakfast and sat mine down on the coffee table in front of me. I gave him a silent thank you and he walked away.

I felt Dally tense up on top of me and I looked down at him to see his face all scrunched and he was holding me really tight, almost bone crushing. He was probably having a bad dream.

I frowned and started playing with his hair again, he wasn't so stiff anymore and his face went back to the calm and peaceful expression. It just made me so happy when I knew how much I calmed him down.

"Y/n, hurry up, we gotta go!" Steve called out to me. He and Soda were already ready for work. I was not sadly.

"Hang on, I'm comin'," I said. I gently slipped out from one of Dally's arms and he sank into the couch cushions. Before I even turned fully around, Dally must have woken up because I heard him say something.

"Where do you think you're goin', doll?" I heard him ask. I turned around to see Dally looking at me with such tired eyes and he silently begged for me to come back to him.

"I have to go to work, Texas," I told him.

"You're no fun," he said.

I grabbed my DX uniform — which was on the top of Darry's chair — and quickly changed in the bathroom.

When I was done, I stepped back out and was met with Dally's eyes again. This time, he was giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Princess, I'm tired," he told me.

"Well, if you're tired, you should try to go back to sleep," I replied.

"Yeah, but I can't when I know you're not with me." That made me smile. I rolled my eyes playfully, which I knew would drive him crazy.