Chapter 37

_ . _

Chapter 37

It seems that all of you didn't know exactly what happened to Samael in the first part of the story after Poseidon discovered him at the Ruins of Sarpedon after the death of Medusa.

So now, let us start at the beginning of his new journey as a child devoid of parental love and freedom for happiness.

"You don't look like your mother at all. I would've made you at least a prince if you possessed most of her features."

It was the welcoming speech he heard from Poseidon as soon as he arrived at the Palace of the Ocean Deep.

Poseidon, the God of the Sea, was accompanied by Amphitrite, the crown prince Triton, and a group of nymph princesses, including Eirene and Euadne. They were all staring at Samael, a child who was born from Medusa and Poseidon's union. The group was looking at Samael with disdain, shocked that Poseidon had a child with Medusa, who was a Gordon.

"Uh..." The child Samael was unable to reply; he could only lower his head, averting the painful gazes he had been receiving for quite a while now. "I am sorry, father."

"Father?!" he heard Euadne exclaim. "You filthy thing, you dare to call him 'Father'?!"

The child, Samael, didn't flinch or tremble. Instead, he looked at Euadne blankly, whose eyes didn't seem to be bothered by her hostility.

Poseidon glanced at Euadne and spoke as he glowered at her. "Euadne, did I give you permission to speak?"

Euadne trembled at the sight of her irritated father. "N-No... I-I...." She bit her lip and turned to Amphitrite with a guilty expression.

Seeing her daughter reprimanded just because of a mere Gordon, Amphitrite stepped forward to say, "Husband, must you be harsh on Euadne? It's not like what she's saying is not true."

Poseidon frowned and replied, "Why are you siding with her immaturity? If that is how you raised her to be, will her value increase if she's not befitting as a fine maiden when she grows up?"

"Ha!" Amphitrite exclaimed and abruptly stood up. "You're blaming me for raising my daughter?! Aren't you funny, Poseidon? While you, on the other hand, disappeared on Athena's banquet and went to sneak at her temple like a rat just to find pleasure in some mortal woman?! Have you no regard for my honor?!"

"Shut your mouth!" Poseidon shouted, slamming his hand on the throne, the loud impact echoing throughout the wall. 

The two were heated up in an argument, while the children inside were quiet. Samael stood still at the center of the hall, just staring at the two with a blank expression. Soon after, he felt a hostile gaze not far from the throne, coming from Euadne as she mouthed words to him.

"This is all your fault!"

Samael averted his gaze and sighed. How childish. She's the one who stole it and suddenly put all the blame on me. The nerve of these divine people is that they think all they do is right. He wandered his eyes over the surroundings, then redirected his gaze back to the throne, where Poseidon and Amphitrite were still arguing. Nevertheless, there is nothing I can do. I must endure staying here in order to survive. Make me a servant, a soldier; make me live like I'm dead; I will take it all just to live.

"Samael, you must live."

That was his mother's last word before he woke up the next day, only to realize that she was no longer there. The barrier that Athena had created to keep them at Sarpedon had been breached. While it may have seemed like a loving request from a mother to her son for his safety, to Samael, it felt more like a cruel curse, akin to the one that Medusa had placed upon him.