Summary/Disclaimer/What to Know

Derrick Booker. Talented artist, skilled designer, murder victim.

With a strained relationship with his parents and older sister, a toxic relationship with his arranged fiancee that led to her being jilted at the altar, and an unsteady friendship with his godbrother; there's little wonder on who would want him dead the most, especially when the suspects (including his business rival Wendy Daimler) were home yet could hire an assassin to take him out- all while establishing a tight-knit alibi.

His younger sister Jana, the only sane one in the family and the only one whom he never met, was supposed to meet him for the first time on the day he was killed. So now, under his guidance and the accompaniment of one of his trusted investigators, she has to figure out who wanted him dead while figuring out his secrets of the past- secrets that involve illicit affairs, him being emotionally abused by his parents, and a final painting and showstopping dress that tie into this mystery. But the suspects (and Jana's parents as well as her wandering ex-fiance) all but demand for her to drop the mystery and be  forced into a marriage that she no longer wants. And there's still the killer who plans to upend the mystery by any means necessary.

Can Jana figure out who wanted to end her brother's life, preserve her brother's legacy, and present his final collections for the fashion show in time while trying not to fall for the hunky detective? And can she find her voice to stop her parents and sister's controlling demands? Or will everything be burned to nothingness before she had a proper chance?

Copyright 2024 by JayDEvers, all rights reserved. No part of this original work may be reproduced, photocopied, redistributed, or republished without the written consent of the author.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and events mentioned throughout the story are used in a fictional manner and any resemblances to the persons mentioned, living or dead, are purely coincidental.

****************

Okay, guys. So this is going to be my newest attempt of writing this murder-mystery novel. When I had my old account, I was basically using a semblance of an outline that I wrote back in 2022 while working on other projects. And everything was going great until...well, you know the gist. Anyway, I'm bringing this story back with some slight changes for this story. And since I am writing this story for the April run of Camp NaNoWriMo, it's all the more reason to share this story with you guys. I would LOVE for you all to stick around and let me know what you all think. Not only that, this story will also be published through Amazon KDP over the holiday season this year. So consider this as a test run before it's made live to the public. And yes, you will get the first notice when I publish the edited version of the story.

Anyway, I am going to mark this as Mature for several content warnings including abuse, bullying, domestic violence, murder, mentions of suicide attempts/ideations, mental illnesses, and mentions of drug/alcohol abuse. Not only that, this story of mine will be featuring LGBTQ and BIPOC characters. I'm going to let you know right now that if there's any form of racism or homophobia in the comments, you will be blocked. My profile is meant as a safe haven where people will be able to read and comment freely without the bigotry. Any of that hate comments will be notified by me and you will be reported.

Now, as I write this novel, I will be dropping some soap-opera teasers for the next chapters that might be a bit overkill, but I am going to also dedicate a chapter to a write/reader whom I think is pretty cool to check out. So don't be surprised to see a great Wattpad writer like yourself being mentioned. It just means that I care for you. Also, I will be dropping a QOTC (question of the chapter) to ask you guys what you all think of the characters and storylines as well as random trivia questions just to boost morale. It's all the more reason to get to know you guys better. And finally, I am going to be dropping previews of this story on my weblog and my Patreon page (links in my bio), so make sure to check me out on Patreon (HouseofEversbyJayDEvers) so you won't miss a thing.

So with all of that out of the way, I will be giving you guys the official soundtrack playlist that's going to be available on my Spotify account, and that's coming up next. Stay tuned!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!