12 - Compromise

Alastor📻: “You said it's not Valentino, so I'd say Velvette, but you mentioned a ‘him’ am I right? You don't have a contract with Vox, don't you?”

Venom🦂: “Sure do, he's a cool guy, except his control obsession, but I can manage.”

My shoulders started to hurt, and I noticed Alastor's fingers squeezing tightly my flesh.
Did I say something wrong?

His fingers were piercing through my exposed flesh, leaving deep, dark marks on my reddish skin. It did hurt, but not even that much so I just questioned the deer about it.
When I mentioned his actions, he immediately left my shoulders and squeezed his rigid fingers around his own microphone.

Alastor📻: “Oh sorry my dear, I was just surprised that someone as charming and friendly as you could go along with an obnoxious, annoying, arrogant, narcissist piece of an idiot like Vox.”

Venom🦂: “...you don’t like him, don’t you?”

Alastor📻: “Not even a little bit, darling.”

Venom🦂: “I see.”

After some minutes of silence a red portal opened in the middle of the hall and a pretty tall demon came out of it. She was really pretty and I really liked her suit.

Venom🦂: “Hello.”

When she noticed my existence she lit up immensely.

Charlie🏨: “Oh hello! I’m Charlie Morningstar!”

Like a lightning she ran to me and shaked my hand as we both smiled at each other. She kept blabbering about this said ‘Hazbin Hotel’ and her dream to help her people.
When she mentioned the fact I was there to redeem myself Veggie placed her hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

Veggie🗡: “She’s not here for redemption.”

Charlie stared at me, and I didn’t know what to say.
Alastor did, tho.

Alastor📻: “Apologies, Darling, I brought her here because I believed she could be helpful.”

Venom🦂: “Like- I don’t care about going to heaven, but I do care about this deer now because I bond with people really quickly, so I'll help however I can.”

Her eyes lit up, filled with adorable lights.

Charlie🏨: “Then thank you so much! I appreciate your help immensely!”

Venom🦂: “Grea-”

Before I could end my sentence, a song came out of the phone Vox gave me. It was fucking “Rein Raus” of Rammstein, that bitch.

Alastor📻: “Rather singular music.”

Venom🦂: “It's metal.”

Husk🐈‍⬛: “You listen to Rammstein?”

Venom🦂: “I like their music but Vox is the one who settled the ringtone.”

Husk chuckled but I didn’t worry, it was in fact Vox calling me, and I answered only some minutes later.

Venom🦂: “Hey Samsung…”

Silence, other than a chuckle from Alastor at the nickname.
Vox doesn’t stay silent usually.
Then, under someone's breath the sentence “come on, apologize” was whispered. I could recognize Velvette's tone.

Vox📺: “I… hi Venom.”

Venom🦂: “Why did you call?”

I heard a sigh from the other side of the call, and goddammit I should be angry at him.

Vox📺: “Look, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you because you wanted to save a child…”

I paused, not answering. He was apologizing, although Velvette was forcing him.

Venom🦂: “...did Velvette tell you to say this?”

A “uuuh!” came from behind me, Alastor enjoying the tea.

Vox📺: “Like- Velvette forced me to say it now. I wanted to wait for you to come back on your own to not press on you, but she needs a refill of your venom, Val also does and he's pressing on me and Vel.”

Venom🦂: “...I'll be back on one condition.”

Vox📺: “Alright, shoot it.”

Venom🦂: “I want you to let me stay at the Hazbin Hotel.”

Again, a freaky silence took control of my ears, but then I heard a long ‘uuuuuuuh…’. Vox is known to be patient, he works with those two after all, and is in a romantic relationship with Val.

Venom🦂: “So? What do you say?”

Vox📺: “...fine, but I'll come once a week for the Venom refill.”

Venom🦂: “You can count on that bestie!”

I closed the call and looked back at Alastor, staring at his creepy, pretty annoyed smile.

Alastor📻: “So we're going to see that buffoon at least once a week?”

Venom🦂: “Yep!”

Alastor📻: “Wonderful.”