Ch. 3: Caught in the Web

[Nueva York – Earth 928]

She hated him.

When the toxin wore off Felicia had raged in her cell for hours. No one spoke to her, but Felicia was infuriatingly aware of the glowing red eye of the cell's security camera. She had no doubt she was being watched.

Once the cursing stopped, a warm-natured woman in a magenta spider-suit (great, there's more of them) quietly entered the cell and brought Felicia a soft, white uniform and led her to another holding area where she could change. Loose pants – Serviceable range of motion, Felicia noted – and a short-sleeved top that fit snuggly across the chest. The very definition of function over fashion.

The spider-woman then brought her to a small interrogation room and guided Felicia to the single chair left in the center of the room. A quick glance at her surroundings told her next to nothing, she could be anywhere and there was, apparently, no shortage of spider-people to hold her there. Felicia half-listened as the woman restrained her ankles, then her wrists, to the arms and legs of the chair while delivering a version of the usual you-have-the-right-to-remain-silent spiel.

"... by the authority of the Spider Society..."

Yeah, yeah, I've been a bad girl.

"... and therefore, detained by Spider-Man 2099 for further questioning..."

Spider-Man 2099, huh? Doesn't quite have the same ring as Big Blue Dickhead.

"... of your eventual release, pending your full cooperation."

Oh. Oh, I'm not sure about full cooperation...

********************

Miguel had been watching. He was almost unsettled by how still Felicia was sitting as he watched her through the security monitors.

She had been brought into the interrogation cell about 20 minutes ago and she had fixed her eyes straight ahead. Her sharp features had set into a hard mask, partially obscured by a curtain of her platinum hair. The calm detachment of her expression was a far cry from her attitude upon arrival.

As Miguel had anticipated, Felicia's body had incredible resilience and increased healing ability from the super soldier serum. By the time they had arrived at the Spider Society's headquarters, her feeble resistance against his toxin had turned into forceful struggling. She had made quite the scene, hurling insults and doing her damnedest to claw through the webbing at her wrists, kicking over more than one monitor set-up as they made their way through the lobby.

Everyone had been staring at the odd couple that was the stone-faced Miguel O'Hara and the shrieking demon taking a ride on his shoulder. When Miguel had finally had enough he'd lifted her off his shoulder to cradle her, muzzling her with a fresh application of webbing to her mouth, and deposited her again on his shoulder without the slightest change to his stride.

That had really pissed her off.

********************

Just who I fucking wanted to see...

Felicia didn't move a muscle when Spider-Man 2099 entered the room, save to cut her eyes to him. He was oblivious to the daggers she was glaring into his back, busying himself with the touchscreen monitor on the far wall. When he did finally turn to face her, several moments passed before either spoke. They didn't have to, Felicia's expression said it all.

The man sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and rubbing between his eyes – in case it wasn't already clear that she was a massive pain in his ass – "I had to do it."