backstory

Paige and Madeline have been friends for a long time. Since the second grade to be exact. When Madeline moved to Minnesota and got put in Paige's class they just clicked. Hanging out every day. Going to church together. Family trips, cook outs and more. Growing up together of course Paige introduced her to basketball.

She fell in love with the sport. They played in AAU for 5 years up until they could play on the school team. They went to Hopkins High School and played all thought their Highschool year. Safe to say they were "That duo" Paige and Madeline quickly rose to the top of the scoring record for Hopkins. Madeline averaging 23.5 points and Paige 24.4

Well Madeline didn't. She suffered an ACL tear her Sophomore Year of high school. But Paige was with her through it all. Her recovery was long and painful but her best friend was there through it all. Paige was there after she got out of surgery until she was back on the court. And Madeline promised she would repay her if Paige ever got hurt.

But Paige and Madeline weren't just friends. They knew it. Everyone around them knew it. But they never talked about it. There was multiple times there was tension between the two. They knew it. But they never confronted each other. They would play with each other's hair, hold hairs, be touchy, and flirt,  a lot.

Paige knew she had feelings for the girl. But she knew her best friend didn't like her back. Or did she? Paige liked her since high school. But Madeline had a girlfriend in high school her name was Maya. Maya was toxic, Paige knew it
Madeline quickly learned after she cheated on Madeline. Maya switched schools and they never talked again. But Madeline knew she definitely had feeling for a blonde she called her "best friend"

"Madi Come on you know she's bad for you. You're too good for her. You stopped acting like yourself ever since you started dating her" Paige explained to her best friend. " Paige you don't understand." Madeline tried to explain " No you're downgrading yourself for this shit girl and I'm not gonna watch." Paige says while walking away. "Paige wait!" Madeline says while going after her. "Nah I'm not watching this Madi"

Madeline goes home and sits in her bed thinking how she gonna fix this. She thinks it's either my girlfriend, or my best friend.

Of course she didn't choose the right one. Her and Paige just stopped talking. But on the court they were still on fire. Assisting each other in every shot.

But everything turned upside down when Paige got a scholarship to UConn and Madeline got a scholarship to LSU.

So Paige and Madeline didn't want to face each other with the news as they still went really on talking terms.

So Paige left a note in her gym bag on their last game of the season. "

Hey Madi, I know we haven't talked in a while. But I'm going to UConn. I haven't told anyone yet about where I'm going but I wanted to tell you first. I miss our friendship and I miss telling you about my day or how you sleep with a blank or every night. You were one of the best friends I've ever had. You showed me what it felt like to love someone. Because I love you. You were there for me when I wasn't there of myself. I hope you decide to talk to me. I know you blocked on everything (per Mayas request) But I hope you take me up on the offer. - with love, Paige❤️

She was tearing up at the note. She had to find Paige. She called her. No answer. She text her. No answer. She was gone. Truly gone. What was funny is that Now Madeline knew how she made Paige feel. That night Madeline also found out her girlfriend cheated on her. Safe to say she was heart broken.

Authors Note-
Thank you for reading!! I hoped you like it and please leave comments and suggestions!! Next chapter will be up soon!!

-aliceson⭐️⭐️