Chapter 1

"Good morning everyone." Sergeant Grey said, at the front of the roll call room. "Today we have 2 new rookies joining us. Introduce yourselves."

Two females stood up at the front of the room.

"I'm Sienna Miller." The first girl said, she had a pale complexion, with bright red hair.

"I'm Keira Morgan." The girl looked Latina, with tanned skin and dark hair twisted into a bun.

"Ok, sit down. It's time for the training officer match game." Grey continued. "Chen you get... Morgan. Which means Nolan has Miller."

The two rookies looked nervously behind them to get a look at their new training officers.

They saw them sitting there, looking relaxed and staring right back at them. The two quickly looked away.

After everyone cleared out of the roll call room, Lucy's rookie walked up to her.

"Go set up our shop, boot." Was all Lucy said, Keira nodding in response.

Once she was gone, Lucy walked over to Nolan and his rookie. Lucy gave Miller a look that told her she wasn't welcome in this conversation.

"So, what's your plan with your rookie?" Lucy asked.

"Same thing as Celina, not too hard on them, let them learn from their mistakes. What about you?" He asked.

"Tough love goes a long way." She replied.

"You sure?"

"Yup, worked for me, right?" They all knew Tim and Lucy were dating.

"Well, good luck." Nolan said.

"You too."

...

"What do you think you're doing?" Lucy asked Morgan, who was sitting in the drivers seat. "I drive."

"Oh, um, sorry." She quickly scrambled out of the seat.

Later, the two were on patrol.

"We've got a 240 reported at a park on South Curson Avenue." The sound came from their radio.

"7-Adam-7 show us responding." Keira replied after receiving a nod from Lucy.

They arrived at the park, and immediately spotted a girl on the ground getting attacked by a large male.

"You get take down the guy, I'll get the girl." Chen told Morgan.

"Me?" She asked.

"Yes you." Lucy roles her eyes.

They moved closer towards the attacker.

"Police, put your hands in the air!" Keira called.

The large guy turned towards them and Keira realised he was younger than her.

"Make me." He said, moving towards her.

She swiftly pulled out her taser and used it, then arresting the guy.

"Nice, boot." Lucy said, moving to help the now unconscious girl on the floor.

Her hair was covering her face and when Lucy moved it out of the way she gasped.

"Tamara?" She tried to not panic. "Call for an ambulance. Now." She said to Morgan.

"We need an ambulance at our location."