Chapter 7

The rookies had done their six month exam the week before.

They had been racked with nerves and had studied for hours straight and now they were finally going to get their marks.

Grey walked over to the whiteboard and wrote two numbers. '83' and '97'. One high, one low.

The rookies glanced at each other nervously, and subconsciously grabbed each others hands.

The both held tight as Grey wrote names underneath the numbers.

97- Morgan
83- Miller

Millers hand loosened in disappointment.

"83 is a pass, but only just. Good job on the 97, Morgan."

She nodded in gratitude, trying to be modest as not to upset Miller more.

"Dismissed." Grey said.

Everyone stood to leave.

"Hey, 83 is still great, you passed and it definitely could've been worst." Keira tried to encourage Sienna.

"Easy for you to say." Sienna walked away.

Keira wanted to chase after her but knew she should probably find her training officer.

"Good job, I trained you well." Lucy said when Keira approached her. "You can go get changed into short sleeves now."

"No I'm okay." Keira said.

"Are you sure?" Lucy furrowed her brow. "It's meant to be really hot today."

"Yeah I'm sure, long sleeves are fine." She tried to play it off with a shrug.

"O-Kay." Lucy was suspicious.

...

"You haven't been talking much today, is this about the test results?" Nolan asked Sienna whilst on patrol.

"It's just, I was so confident going into the exam, I don't know how I could do so terribly." She said, holding back tears.

"One of the rookies I trained with got an 81 on his 6 month exam. He didn't let that stop him. He was one of the best cops I knew. Don't let this test get you down, okay? It's only a blip in your career." Nolan told her.

She slowly began to nod. "Yeah, you're right. I'm still a great cop." Sienna said confidently.

...

It was after shift and Keira was getting changed in the locker room.

Chen walked in to get out of uniform and saw Keira pull a long sleeved t shirt over her head.

But just before she put it on, Lucy saw scars all up her arms.

Some were just small, while others were rather large.

Upon the sound of someone entering, Keira spun around.

"Umm hi." She said nervously.

"What happened to you?" Lucy asked, taking a step closer.

Keira's face drained of colour.

"N-nothing. I don't know what you're talking about." She denied.

"Show me your arms." Lucy stated firmly.

"No." Keira replied too quickly.

"Keira." Lucy said, half warning, half concern.

"I need to go." She tried to leave but Lucy blocked her.

"You can tell me." She was trying to calm Keira.

"No! Just leave me alone!" She pushed past her, exiting.

Lucy stood there, thinking about what had just happened.

...

Lucy had run an extensive background check on Keira using her personal skip tracer. She was determined to find out what happened and if she could help.

Records showed that Keira ran away from home when she was only 16.

Lucy decided to do future research into her family but found nothing until she looked into her father.

Turns out he had a history of abuse and anger issues. Lucy now understood what the scars were from, and why Keira wanted to stay in long sleeves.

She was tempted to confront Keira about  ur it but after their last interaction she decided against it.