Chapter 9

"If I'm going to continue to be your training officer we need to have a talk." Lucy said to Keira a few mornings later.

They were standing in a hallway near the interrogation rooms.

"About what?" Keira tried to play clueless, Lucy raised an eyebrow.

"You and I both know that we've been keeping secrets from each other." Lucy said, seeing through the charade.

"You're the only one with secrets. I'm fine." Keira replied, staring down at her hands instead of up at Lucy.

"Don't lie. I know." Lucy saw Keira's face flicker. She glanced up at Lucy and their eyes met.

"How?" Her voice was shaking, barely being kept under control.

"I'm a detective, it's kind of my job." She joked, trying to lighten the mood but it didn't work.

"I still have nightmares..." Keira said quietly, a silent tear slid down her cheek.

Lucy placed a comforting hand on her arm. "Me too." She pulled her into a hug

Keira felt herself relax in Lucy's arms and wrapped her arms around her back, squeezing tight.

"I'm always here if you need to talk." Lucy whispered into her ear.

They stood there like that for a few moments, embracing each other.

"Thank you."

That was a really short chapter but I didn't know what to add. Comments are my lifeline so if you have any ideas please let me know.

-Stormy