Chapter 5

A couple months later.

"Good morning everyone." Sergeant Grey began. "You may be wondering why your training officers are in plain clothes."

Tim stepped forward.

"That's because today is plain clothes day." He said.

The rookies exchanged a confused look.

"Today your T.O.'s will be at a strictly observational capacity, meaning you're on your own." Tim continued.

"What if we run into serious trouble?" Sienna asked.

"If you do, then handle it, it will be your fault if your training officer has to step in." Grey answered. "Dismissed."

...

Morgan loaded the war bags into the shop, and sat down in the passenger seat.

Lucy walked over, opened the door and stared at her, eyebrows raised.

Keira sat there for a second, confused, before she realized

"Oh, right, sorry." She quickly ran over to the drivers seat as Lucy wordlessly sat down.

...

Later they were patrolling when Keira saw someone with a few code violations on their car.

"Should I pull them over?" She asked Lucy.

Lucy just stared at her blankly.

"Right, I forgot. I guess I will." The sirens turned on and the car moved to the side of the road.

Morgan exited the shop and approached the vehicle.

"Ma'am do you know why I pulled you over?" She asked the middle aged lady inside.

She shook her head.

"No officer."

"Your car is in violation of most state codes. Can I see your license and registration?" Keira continued.

The lady handed them over.

"I'm sorry, it's just, my husband and I barely scrape by. We can't afford to fix the car. I'm so sorry." The woman was shaking.

Keira glanced up at Lucy to see what she should do.

"Don't look at me." Lucy said.

"Umm. Let me run your documents and I'll be right back." She said walking back to the shop.

She took the time to decide what she was going to do. She got back to the woman's care and handed her the papers.

"Thank you. I'm going to let you off with a warning this time, but other officers won't be so easy, so try to get the car fixed." Keira told her.

"Thank you so much." The woman was clearly grateful.

Keira nodded before walking back to the shop.

Once the two were sat back down Keira spoke.

"Do you think I made the right decision?" She asked Lucy.

"You'll find out later in your evaluation."

Keira sighed, this day was harder than she thought.