Chapter 12: Last Camp Day

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Today was my last day at camp. Last day with the team. Last day in Cali. We had a full field scrimmage today. Kelley, Hope, Carli, Press, Alex, and Tobin were on my team. We won after an hour, 3-1.

"Liana. We loved having you. I'll let all of you know in a few days." Coach said.

"Li, you were amazing and we all loved you!" Carli said.

"Li!" Kelley was almost in tears. Same as Alex.

"Guys. Not now. You'll get me started. We've still got a whole day!"

They all hugged me and we left for the hotel. I took a shower and changed into a T-shirt and Kelley's sweatshirt she gave me and leggings. Then I put my hair up in a messy bun and put my new Roshes on.

"Nice kicks." Alex said.

"Thanks."

"Ready?" Kelley asked.

"Yep." I grabbed my bag along with the stuff I had for the team.

The team was taking me out for dinner. We were going to Outback again. Just like we did on my first night. We sat in the same seats and got the same stuff.

"Guys I got you all something so you won't forget me." I handed them out necklaces I made. They were soccer balls carved out of tanga nuts with the players number in the brown of the outside of the nut.

"We'll never forget you!" Christen said.

"Li. They're beautiful." Kelley said.

"Alright. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I've had the best camp experience thanks to you, Li." Carli started. "I'm grateful for the time we spent together. It wasn't much but it was great. I hope we can spend more time together. On or off the field. Love you Li!"

"I agree. By far the best camp. I didn't hang out with you as much as I would have liked but when we did we had fun." Syd said.

"Thanks for all the memories. They'll never be forgotten." Ali said.

"Yeah. Surfing was a blast with you." Ash said.

"Thanks for wake boarding lessons." Hope said. "And helping me in goal."

"On behalf of this entire team," Kelley said. "We love you!"

"Thanks guys. You mean the world to me."

After we finished eating we went back to the hotel. We watched a movie and then Ali, Ash and Press came over.

"Alright. I made these for you guys. They took a while so I only made them for the people I grew close to." I started. "Here. Ali. Ash. Alex. Kelley. Tobin. And Christen." I handed each of them a tanga but carving of a soccer ball in a stand with their number. On the back was a heart and my signature.

"I love it!" Alex said.

"Thank you so much!" Ali and Ash said.

"Li. Thank you." Kelley said.

"You guys mean the world to me. I love all of you. You've taught me how to be a better player. Whether I make the team or not you guys are still my best friends. Thank you. For everything."

"No. Li. Thank you. You've changed all of us. You've showed us how to live. How to have fun. I've had the most fun I've ever had at a camp. I don't know about you guys." Kelley said.

"Best camp, by far." Alex said with years in her eyes.

"Totally." Tobin added.

"Never better." Christen said.

"Li. Know this. You're welcome here anytime." Ali said.

"You're welcome at my place anytime. There's a pool and fun stuff in Ohio."

"I'll hold ya to it." Ash said.

"We love you." Tobin said.

With that they all hugged me. We were all crying. Even Tobin. I had met my best friends and I loved all of them. I was so blessed to be able to know them and play alongside them.

We all fell asleep in my room. All in the living room. One big dog pile.